Roof Rack Bar Distance

dirk1978

Does anyone know the measurement between the feet or bars on the roof racks on Lupos?

I've already got various bike racks and a 500L roof box and some 961 wing bars (apparently the right ones for Lupos?) but I need to get a foot pack and fitting kit. Just wondering if my Thule 500L box and bike carriers will fit.

If you look at the back windows, there are some little black arrows, like toblerone shapes. The rear feet sit between them. There are the same shapes stamped into the door apertures at the top. Use your fingers and you'll feel them. Measure the distance from the front arrow of each pair and it'll be about right.

I got the 754 feet for £30 and the fitting kit for £20 via ebay. Gumtree is OK too if you know the part numbers.

21 hours ago, Darran said:

Thanks but I've already got most of the bits.

13 hours ago, yeha said:

If you look at the back windows, there are some little black arrows, like toblerone shapes. The rear feet sit between them. There are the same shapes stamped into the door apertures at the top. Use your fingers and you'll feel them. Measure the distance from the front arrow of each pair and it'll be about right.

I got the 754 feet for £30 and the fitting kit for £20 via ebay. Gumtree is OK too if you know the part numbers.

Good finds. Thanks for the info. Looks about a metre to me. I might try the 500L roof box for a laugh.

7 hours ago, Rich said:

How could you not know that?

Amateur.

Never ever used a roofrack. I have minions who move stuff for me at my behest.

There might be something else I don't know, but I doubt it...

I was getting confused and my roofbox is the Thule Pacific 200 which is 410L

https://www.thule.com/en/be/cargo-carrier/car-top-carrier/thule-pacific-m-_-631215

Probably won't be that different to the silver one above.

That's got a maximum load of 50KG anyway. The roof box is 13 KG and the wing bars weigh almost nothing. I think I'd be OK with 37 KG in the box.