Lupo gti 20v t conversion fuel pump issue

Mr

Having fuel pump issues with the conversion start with a breakdown with where I am

Both looms where sent off and ecu for immobiliser delete that was a while ago as the project was not started for a while 

Loom fitted ecu fitted 

Engine all fitted and connected 

Pipe work fitted but no water in pipes

This is where we are stuck then we put the earth back on the the brake lights stay on and the pump will only work when the door is open it pre primes 

When you turn the ignition on no pump 

Car will just turn over but want fire no power to the following 

To coil packs 

Injectors

Throttle body

And pump to the ignition 

Cannot get into the ecu via the odb port or the airbag system only the abs 

Changed and checked every relay

We where thinking ECU issue any idea's as we are just going round in circles 

1 hour ago, LR5V said:

20v ECU? - looms differ between engines, you need to give us the engine code

My Mk4 Golf AUM has an odd relay in the engine bay that would play up from time to time, wasn't aware of it till someone told me about it.

It's the bam engine and loom we are running I thought I added that above 😂

Wiring for sure. You could probe all the ecu pins and see which one goes high/low while cranking. Diagram much easier. Sounds like more than one relay or control wire (to relay).

Don't know if my upload is going to work not done it before but this should help too, although don't take autodata as gospel :lol:

Bam 1

Bam 2

Bam 3

Bam 4

Bam 5

Bam 6

Bam 7

Bam 8

The pictures are huge so you'll have to do some zooming and scrolling and the last 3 your likely not going to need, I didn't :D

• 2 weeks later...

Been away back to the car now found that the 62 pin was not fully pushed in so now have power and can start the car but no throttle response 

Checked the voltage on the throttle body only 5v going to it anybody got any ideas looks like its loom related but any help would be great thanks 

Yeah. TPS output should vary between about 0.5-4.5VDC. One side +5V the other 0V, but not usually the same potential as earth (helps reduce interference).

On 6/27/2019 at 11:49 AM, Mr said:

Been away back to the car now found that the 62 pin was not fully pushed in so now have power and can start the car but no throttle response 

Checked the voltage on the throttle body only 5v going to it anybody got any ideas looks like its loom related but any help would be great thanks 

Glad you have progressed past the fuel pump problem... but sorry to hear its still mucking you about - I assume you have checked all the other pins are pressed fully home?

As Mk2 says 5v is normal. Assuming you have kept the BAM as DBW? I would look on vagcom to see if your accelerator pedal is sending signal to the throttle body, at least do a throttle alignment whilst you are there.  If that's not possible continuity check the cables to the pedal and all 6 throttle body cables.

It's turning into a ball ache now so far it looks like the throttle wires are wrong there not matching the throttle pedal side looks like 2 wires are wrong so far just going through the checks on the diagrams we have printed off 

Trying to find the lupo gti ecu wiring diagram  or throttle pedal diagram but can't find that one any where, need to see what the wires are on the throttle pedal side just to confirm it's wrong 

The way it works, is one of the outputs (potentiometer wipers) increases in voltage while the other decreases. Done like that to ensure no accidental accelaration. So you'll find that when you measure it, one is at something like 4.5V and the other is around 0.5V. The non moving parts are at 5 and 0 (and 0 and 5).

• 2 weeks later...

Got it going now thanks for all the help the 6 wires was wired wrong managed to sort it out as we only do it on a Thursday and Saturday hence why not on here often due to work to reply had a issue with the heaters as well just rebuild and see what else we hit then will add some pictures on here Friday to show how the build is going 

Back to it again and yet another loom issue, this time the speedo the rev counter works no speedo!! 

Looks like everything out job to correct may as well have just done the loom to start 

Check the power supply to the speedo sensor. It usually has 5V and 0 and a 5v output square wave signal. You should be able to see the same signal in the dash. If you turn the sensor spindle in your fingers and connect up a voltmeter, you should see that output signal. :)

Will try that tomorrow but still trying to find a lupo gti speedo diagram as it's different for a standard speedo hopefully this is the last of the issues and it will be on its wheels next week 

• 4 years later...
On 7/25/2019 at 3:12 PM, Mr said:

Will try that tomorrow but still trying to find a lupo gti speedo diagram as it's different for a standard speedo hopefully this is the last of the issues and it will be on its wheels next week 

Sorry to revive such an old thread. I have the same issue with the speedo not working. 

How did you sort it in the end ?