Dashboard bubbles

MORE

Hi guys, do you have any idea how to repair or reduce the bubble problem on the dashboard as the attached photo?
Currently, because the temperatures are rising here, I noticed that the bubble has increased, the photo is from last winter.

BR

bubble.jpg

You could try making a very thin cut with a razor. Then very carefully inject some glue (you need to experiment), press it around the bubble with your fingers, then heat it with a hair dryer. Then using a vacuum cleaner, suck all the air out (and some glue...)To stop the air getting sucked back into the thin cut, put some tape loosely over it to act as a valve. When the glue has set, pull the tape off. You shouldn't see the cut. I've done it before on other cars and it works. :)

• Like 1

Worth trying Mk2’s suggestion, but I get the feeling the plastic may have stretched, your blister my not want to go back down.

in hotter country’s they have carpet dash protectors, not the most attractive and doubt there is one for the polo/lupo dash- maybe Japan?, but it could disguise the problem.

possible fix is getting the damaged area of the dash cut back, filled and finally  flocked, it would help disguise the damage.

Thanks for the answers.  I had thought of something similar to what MK2 suggested, but unfortunately, not having a garage, I don't know how to power a hair dryer ... Where I live (Genoa) the temperature in summer is never torrid, for sure the poor little was mistreated by the  previous owners ...

You could wrap it..... now before anyone jumps at me regarding the airbag, yes you'd need to cut a door in the cloth to ensure the airbag deployed correctly.

Seen it done. Seen the airbag deploy despite wrapped. Perfectly reasonable and safe way of doing it, if done right, entirely up to you though.

Disclaimer: Your own risk, do it right, or don't do at all.

The car went into the body shop for some repairs. Indeed he also told me that an upholsterer is needed and that the area is delicate due to the airbag. I'll see how to behave. Anyway, soon I'll put some photos.

Is the air conditioning on the Lupo common in UK?

Regards.

4 hours ago, MORE said:

The car went into the body shop for some repairs. Indeed he also told me that an upholsterer is needed and that the area is delicate due to the airbag. I'll see how to behave. Anyway, soon I'll put some photos.

Is the air conditioning on the Lupo common in UK?

Regards.

You see them around, wouldn't say they're common but they do exist. 

No SDI's with AC.
No (?) 1.0E with AC?
1.4's, TDi's and GTi's only I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

This is the best result obtained.
A little hole, draint the bubble out, as best as possible.
Injected glue, putted a weight for half a day, then cleaned all surface.
You have to note that, the bubble, in these mounths, enlarged to the right side.

bubble2.jpg

You must use a vacuum cleaner... Inject liquid glue with a syringe (gorilla glue , liquid epoxy slow setting or similar). Spread it around by pushing it right into the edges with you fingers. Then use atmospheric air pressure to push it back in again. Use a small tube if you need to, connected to the vacuum hose.

Edited by mk2

Thank you very much for the suggestions, but I don't have a garage and electricity supply ... I have to do it by hand ...