Polo AVY engine internals in Lupo SE auto BBY block?

SimonJ65

Have been given first refusal on a Polo GTi 6N2 engine and had the idea to swap the crankshaft, rods and pistons into the auto SE I have. Is there enough clearance inside the BBY block for them to fit and turnover? Would it actually run with a Sport head etc and remap? Have to keep it as an auto so converting to manual is not an option. If it did all work how would it drive with the ratios of the auto box?

Had a quick search to see if any other fool person has actually done it but couldn't find anything.

Or is just a non starter? No pun intended!

1 hour ago, lupo1.0se said:

Lupo SE Autos are really rare. Only about 80 where ever on the road at one time. I would use another car.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_lupo_se_auto

Mine has almost all the factory options too. Haven't got the SE bag though, still looking for one of those.

Not doing anything that couldn't be reversed.

VWLupoSEauto.jpg

On 6/9/2019 at 9:55 AM, Sausage said:

Block height, piston protrusion? Isnt the 1.4 block alloy as well?

Edit: here u go: https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/topic/140379-gti-block-and-16v-head-information-needed/

Still not sure whether the deck heights are the same or not, but surely they must be different else how can the block accommodate a longer stroke? Or am I being thick??