Egr p0401???

Arosa1980kid

So I have had to replace egr unit and now engine management light is back on, iv took a reading with my cheap obd reader and its come up with p0401.  

Rang garage and he cant look at it until weekend......

So iv had a new egr unit and exhaust fitted since I bought this just over 4 weeks since, can anybody help?

Cheers 

Brand new egr was put on my car and after a week engine management light came on? Code p0401, its going back to garage where I had it done for him to sort out  this weekend, when I start the car it revs its knackers off to around 2000 rpm, then settles down ?? , 

I have also had a full new exhaust system put on etc. 

I

It gets hot, dont think rubber will like that much and you wont like the smell either.

Scrappy or bodge it with something heatproof, or blank it off with an egr blanking plate bought or made.

36 minutes ago, Sausage said:

It gets hot, dont think rubber will like that much and you wont like the smell either.

Scrappy or bodge it with something heatproof, or blank it off with an egr blanking plate bought or made.

Gum gum, small bit of a bean can and a jubilee clip.

OK thought you meant the metal one, that is just vacuum hose, if the split is near an end or there is enough slack just shorten it. Any motor factors should have suitable stuff by the meter otherwise.

Yes probably throw that code, as no vaccum moving the egr valve. I think the electric connector is for position sense, but could well be entirely wrong.