Arosa TDI 1.9 on Fleabay

weslangdon

Hmmm..... it could be a lot of car for the money, but I'm really not sure. It could be absolutely lethal.

I'd rather go down the route of the @battlebus mod. Bung a turbine on a 1.7 SDI and remap. Basically the equivalent of chucking an AHU or similar 1.9 tdi in. Way more work converting from 3 to 4 pot.

I wonder if DVLA were informed and it's a legit registered engine. Otherwise any insurance claim (even after declaring the mods) could be invalid. 

2 hours ago, weslangdon said:

He says he's fitted GTI brakes in the write up, as these can take 280mm discs why hasn't he gone down that route

All the increase in size does is increase the ability to deal with heat.

Doesn't give you any more braking ability.

Maybe he isn't cooking them?

15 hours ago, Rich said:

All the increase in size does is increase the ability to deal with heat.

Doesn't give you any more braking ability.

Maybe he isn't cooking them?

Heat is produced by braking hard so it is an issue, 

20 hours ago, Skezza said:

Hmmm..... it could be a lot of car for the money, but I'm really not sure. It could be absolutely lethal.

but on this car I think I'd be just as concerned over the extra 50 kg over the front wheels, at the very least the battery should be relocated

A four pot of doesn't weigh that much over a three pot.

I have lifted both a few times.

They're both really heavy 

If it uses an o2m gearbox instead of an o2j, that's where the weight is.

Fred, the seller says the 1.9 gearbox is visually identical to that of the 1.4 tdi, both drive shafts are modified, its in the write up, the conversion seems to me to be well engineered, its brakes are effective [they need to be] and it turns in well no noticeable understeer problems, rear exhaust is noisy but again there's an explanation for that, broken hanger. Acceleration is astonishing, gear changes brisk, so if you can forgive the tatty interior and scruffy exterior, both of which easily fixed, then this is a phenomenal little car. Fred says it does 0-60 in under 6 seconds, I believe him, this car impressed me.

Noice! You've been to see it i take it from that?

It's gone passed the value point for me now as not enough toys (good bits) on it but would still save a lot of time in getting one done.

I've been eyeing up tdi engines for my red one for a quite a while and nothing worth getting excited about has turned up so far. There's a 2.0 TDI CR golf cheap but the complexity for conversion and lack of easy diy tuning kind of defeats the point of doing it.

There are lots of things I'd want to do to it, replace the interior to start with, and some remedial work on panel gaps at the front, where its been disassembled to change the engine, the engineering though is a marvel and acceleration is like a powerful motorbike. The engineering is the value in this car.   

Was it a zero bidder winning then (I wasnt paying attention)? Always a red flag for me that, so a good thing it has been removed for whatever reason.

if you win it we want pictures and details (so i can copy it) :D

I wont be bidding, I am still at max cars.

Edited by Sausage