Laser Blue GTI - WK55-VPV - Advice..

andy4976

Evening all,

Been a member of club Lupo for a number of years, owned and sold on 2 GTI's, used as a second toy in the summer only, anyhow miss the GTI, started looking again for another, found a low mileage laser blue 55 plate with 60k, current owner seems very genuine and has owned the Lupo for past 5 years, just thought I put up a post to see if anyone has any history, or maybe used to own said car, or maybe knows of this car 

Any help and advice much appreciated 

Thanks 

Unfortunately l don't know anything about the car.If I were looking for my second one I would be very interested in this,good Mot history,last owner 5 years,low mileage.Ones like this don't come up for sale very often,at least you can judge it on your previous two!

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked up this little gem today . I’ve owned two gti’s before - raven blue and red 

So pleased with the new our purchase 

Superb condition and the history with the car is like I’ve never seen before . I’ve never been given  a box that includes every petrol receipt for the car 

definitely one to keep hold of 

🤗

EFC0018C-B7BF-4CE6-93DD-731D847CD60B.jpeg

Edited by Loopylove
  • Like 2

So what do you think would be a fair price for this car in your opinion? 

it’s 

2005 55 - laser blue , 60k , 1 previous owner 

bodywork is 100% no rust no dink’s no dents etc 

Full services history 

Be good to know what people think about the true value of this car 😊 

Twice a the same laser blue with about 70k came up for sale I was prepared to go to 5.5k at this point I had not owned a gti but it wasn't enough.For me your car ticks all the boxes bar a sunroof.I once read a guy driving around the busy streets of London got more attention in his blue gti than any 100k sports car.So I'm going to say 6.5k but as long as you can afford it and you enjoy it that's the main thing now,and if you were to sell any time in the future I dare say you will get all your money back.

• 1 year later...

Apologies in resurecting an old thread. Just came across this as was curious if my old Lupo GTI was still alive. I bought this car from new in 2005, beleive it was one of the very last imported.

I held on to it for 8 years but lacking a garage then to store it, I sold it in 2013. Miss it as it was a great car and is probably worth more now than when I sold it for back then. I did keep every piece of paper work, sounds like the next owner did the same.

So pleased to see it still alive and looking as good as, if not even better than when I had it.

Couple of photos, brand new, a few days before PDI was carried out and 8 years later just before I sold it.

Lupo_2013.JPG

Lupo_New.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 8:57 PM, exLupo said:

Apologies in resurecting an old thread. Just came across this as was curious if my old Lupo GTI was still alive. I bought this car from new in 2005, beleive it was one of the very last imported.

I held on to it for 8 years but lacking a garage then to store it, I sold it in 2013. Miss it as it was a great car and is probably worth more now than when I sold it for back then. I did keep every piece of paper work, sounds like the next owner did the same.

So pleased to see it still alive and looking as good as, if not even better than when I had it.

Couple of photos, brand new, a few days before PDI was carried out and 8 years later just before I sold it.

Lupo_2013.JPG

Lupo_New.jpg

0B627015-7F6F-433E-99BF-3A3580A00513.jpeg

8F416A30-42ED-44ED-8AF2-638167DD96E2.jpeg

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

she is now in a newly built double garage with underfloor heating, only done 5 miles this year to vw and back with 2 brand new toyos on the rear (old ones had age related cracking not worn out) 

does anyone know how many laser blue Gti`s are left to date would love to see them

Jessica 

Before parking for long term storage, you want the engine to be roasting hot and then just before ignition off, rev and hold the RPM at 3000. Then at the moment you kill power open the throttle to flush through any exhaust gases (which contain water and acid build up), meaning clean air will be inside the engine. Helps reduce corrosion on all the internals, like valve stems, cylinder bores, piston rings and any other exposed metalwork. Also helps extend the life of the exhaust system. 👍🏻

May also help if the car is "slightly" jacked up reducing loading on suspension components such as bushings and the springs, so they deteriorate slower. It's worth flushing out brake fluid too, but depends on how many years it'll be stored without use. 

One of my cars (not Lupo) is in the same state, and has been stored for 15 years without starting, but i know it'll be fine as I added 2 stroke oil to the petrol before switch off, to coat all the engine internals. My only worry is the valve springs may go weak as some stay in a compressed state for long periods. But every two years I spray wd40 into the inlet while cranking it over with ignition leads and fuel pump off, then turn it 180 degrees from where it was before.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...