Door Hinge Repair/Replacement

But seriously, how long does it take you? Takes me about 5h to remove dash. Worst bit is around the fuse box. Then putting it all back again- once the loom has changed shape- is tricky.

4 minutes ago, mk2 said:

But seriously, how long does it take you? Takes me about 5h to remove dash. Worst bit is around the fuse box. Then putting it all back again- once the loom has changed shape- is tricky.

I’ll come and do it for you. 

I'm the master of dash removal, I have done it that many times.

As for the hinge, first clue is just take the door off at the little grub screws, worst case scenario.

Please write a how to... 

yeah once you've lifted the door off (loose grub screws), you still need to loosen that one bolt done up from the inside. But a little violence wouldn't hurt i don't think. Hinge might slide forwards by just a mm with a few taps from a persuader. I'll try it next time I'm doing door cards. :)

Please please. All your knowledge needs to be shared before it's too late! Oh I dunno- just thought I'd say that (to answer your question..!).

You know that the UK Lupo market is now at a turning point where many cars are now becoming no longer cost effective to repair through garages. I'd reckon that about 70% of owners are now enthusiasts, so you won't be losing out... 

How about- do a step by step text guide, and I'll follow it taking pics as I go?