2002 'laser blue' GTI

Skajme

Could it be a typo?

It's a bit weird, Laser blues being later models would have "GTI" writing on the engine cover, which this one doesn't.

As well as all silver GTi emblems, having this one a red I in the back.

9 minutes ago, Blue Loop said:

Could it be a typo?

It's a bit weird, Laser blues being later models would have "GTI" writing on the engine cover, which this one doesn't.

As well as all silver GTi emblems, having this one a red I in the back.

it's listed as first registered in 2002 on the MOT history aswell, so it must be accurate!

Done some sleuthing...and I feel like it's this Lupo...

Year and mileage fit, the mats are the same, same blue centre logos and where the bootlid lines up with the rear left light it has the same slight misalignment. It does look laser blue in the pics, so all I can think is, altered photos in the hope of cashing in on the rarity of laser blue? It's very easy to adjust a blue in photoshop

Edited by Skajme

Thanks for spotting this. 🤦‍♂️ This is my car. I've amended the advert. Just checked and the paint code is LA5W which is Ravenna Blue. The photos have not been photoshopped. That is how the car looks. 

The badge on the front had a red faded 'i' which was more pink than red so I picked the red sticker off which I felt looked better. 

Cheers. 

5 minutes ago, wikkid911 said:

Thanks for spotting this. 🤦‍♂️ This is my car. I've amended the advert. Just checked and the paint code is LA5W which is Ravenna Blue. The photos have not been photoshopped. That is how the car looks. 

The badge on the front had a red faded 'i' which was more pink than red so I picked the red sticker off which I felt looked better. 

Cheers. 

ah ok, nice to hear it was an honest mistake! Lot of dodgy characters about, ha