Fitting a cone air filter

hcous

Hi all, 

This is my first post on this forum so I hope I'm doing it right!

I am switching my '52 plate Arosa to a cone filter. I understand that I will be removing the air filters from the box. I have also purchased a small filter: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Air-Filter-Oil-Breather-Cold-Small-Mushroom-Intake-Crankcase-Turbo-Car-Vent/163689109250?hash=item261ca19702:g:1XgAAOSwUYpc2nHv to go on a breather pipe. My concern is that there are multiple pipes going into the box so what do I need to do with each of them? Which pipe is the oil breather requiring the smaller filter? 

Thank you in advance.

PS. I know that this will not benefit the car's power output. I only want it louder :) Also it's my first car so still a bit of a noob!

Okay so I’ve found out that I need to put the small filter on the pipe that’s on the left of the air box. What do I do with the other two pipes on the right? Shall I leave them connected to the air box?

Thank you for your reply. Do I connect the catch can to the left pipe and then link it to the 2 on the right as well? 

Also is it possible to use a filter instead of a catch can? 

Cheers

1 hour ago, hcous said:

Thank you for your reply. Do I connect the catch can to the left pipe and then link it to the 2 on the right as well? 

Also is it possible to use a filter instead of a catch can? 

Cheers

Take a photo, I'm struggling visualise. Not owned a 1.0 in ages.

I'm confused by the question..... what filter?

Okay so I understand the oil breather is the one on the left. I believe I can either use a catch can OR a small breather pipe filter.

My main question is if I ran it with a filter on the left pipe, what would I need to do with the two small pipes on the right?

And when I say I will connect a filter to the oil breather pipe, I will most likely ensure it is further down underneath the engine so fumes are forced out away from the cab. 

Thank you for your replies

engine.PNG

Edited by hcous

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm trying to solve this problem myself, and I was hoping to find some answers here. And there are more questions than answers. To update my post, I want to add that sometimes I wish I was born a boy, because I can't do many men's chores. Well, I raise my children alone and use every opportunity to save money, so I sometimes do minor car repairs myself, watching videos on YouTube. By the way, thank you for the scheme you sent me! I appreciate it. And I have a question, while searching for a new air filter on Amazon, I found ozone generators. I studied information about them on the Internet and read the instructions on https://www.damagecontrol-911.com/ozone-generators-in-the-car/. I want to ask if you know anything about this, please advise whether I should order it to make the air in my car clean and fresh.

Edited by SophieMackaynwh81

1 hour ago, SophieMackaynwh81 said:

I'm trying to solve this problem myself, and I was hoping to find some answers here. And there are more questions than answers.

On the left side you can see crankcase breather pipe, the big pipe coming all way up from crankcase oil separator, which partly connects to throttle body (number 10 connects to throttle body). The part No 6 is PCV valve. Haven't seen hose No 11 on any Lupo engine, therefore N9 is connected directly to N10 (single pipe), which connects to throttle body. 

And on the right side of air filter box you can see valve cover breather pipe which is slightly different on your Lupo engine, but still connects valve cover and air filter box. 

Just attach both (crankcase breather and valve cover breather) to oil catch can and close the throttle body inlet.

post-36925-0-52720000-1428133074_thumb.p

Edited by ObjectiveAway