Ultra Newbie

Bren23

Hi lupo fans. I went to look at a sport yesterday and absolutely love it. I'll be buying it asap subject to selling my current car today. the tappets are a bit noisy, but a new set will come with it so I'll have a dabble at replacing those myself. It's a big move for me, I've always had jap cars (mainly civics) and this will be my first dub ever in my long list of cars (I'm 35). The car was unlocked and I forgot to ask if it was central locking. DOH! I'm assuming so but do the sports have that? Didn't have a remote so I'll be putting RCL in ASAP. Looking forward to reading all of your posts and getting inspired to change a few bits. Thanks. Bren.

So by the sounds of it, the previous owner has lost the remote key? It has all the other bits except spoiler although I didn't check the seats. Would it be a case of getting a new key from VW? Or could I put an aftermarket RCL in?

4 hours ago, weslangdon said:

It would have come with ... airbags on the sides of the seats

A lupo with curtain or side airbags? News to me. Was it an option? Lupos are known to be fine in front or rear collisions, but "very" weak on side impact, if no airbag provided. Interesting...

On the Arosa Sport models too, plug in connection under the seats, a response, I believe to the 4 star ncap rating, and criticism of side impact protection there is a reference to it in this pdf

file:///E:/Users/user/Downloads/euroncap_vw_lupo_2000_stars.pdf

I have Arosa Sport seats with this side impact protection in my TDI but unfortunately, whilst the seats have the connectors the car doesn't 

Edited by weslangdon

21 hours ago, Bren23 said:

Hi lupo fans. I went to look at a sport yesterday and absolutely love it. I'll be buying it asap subject to selling my current car today. the tappets are a bit noisy, but a new set will come with it so I'll have a dabble at replacing those myself. It's a big move for me, I've always had jap cars (mainly civics) and this will be my first dub ever in my long list of cars (I'm 35). The car was unlocked and I forgot to ask if it was central locking. DOH! I'm assuming so but do the sports have that? Didn't have a remote so I'll be putting RCL in ASAP. Looking forward to reading all of your posts and getting inspired to change a few bits. Thanks. Bren.

One thing I'd add is that these Lupo's /Arosa's have gear change and pedal box issues issues, all down to VW being cheapskate and using a cable changer, double check the weight of the clutch pedal and the ease of the gear change, if everything works as it should these are great little cars 

20 hours ago, mk2 said:

A lupo with curtain or side airbags? News to me. Was it an option? Lupos are known to be fine in front or rear collisions, but "very" weak on side impact, if no airbag provided. Interesting...

Side airbags were an option :)