Rear camber on a gti

Brainwaves

Yooo so time has come that I’m looking at cambering  the rear on my  gti. 

Im planning on doing this with washers but not sure on how many gives how much camber etc, I’m only planning on adding a little bit of camber for clearance issues, has anybody got a how to guide or would be willing to lend some advice.

p.s I know a lot of people on here frown upon camber,  but I need them scene points.

Edited by Brainwaves

2 hours ago, Brainwaves said:

p.s I know a lot of people on here frown upon camber,  but I need them scene points.

Can't wait to see the end product pics. Bet it'll look sick.... 👍🏻

23 hours ago, Sausage said:

Get some camber shims instead they will have all the markings on them and you have full surface contact on the parts instead of an air gap.

See I was going to get camber shims but I already have washers so thought I’d save some cash 😂

Understood, I am a total tightwad myself and chances are washers will do just fine and all, but i would feel real uneasy about having vital suspension parts that literally hold the wheels on the car under undue strain with little surface contact between the parts and relying almost solely on the bolts that are now under the extra strain to do the do their job. You also have to dial some toe in as well if you are lowered much.

Edit: https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/topic/322498-washer-size-to-camber-rear/

Edited by Sausage

I'm cheap and I would use washers.

Of course I wouldn't want the camber as it is retarded but I did once use washers to mask a bent beam.