Anybody seen this? Old car wanting to buy back

Deanshirt

Hi guys, sorry if this is in the incorrect thread. I used to own a yellow seat arosa reg wr03vkm it was a 1.4tdi which was pretty rare with the engine and colour at the time. I sold this in around 2012. I was just wondering if anybody on here may now own this. I spent lots on this car and would love to purchase it back. I can see its been sorn since 2017. Any ideas please see picture 

Screenshot_20190501-121735.jpg

Edited by Deanshirt
Title change

Hate to be the bearer of bad news my friend, but I suspect it's either been broken for parts or it is permanently off the road. 2 years is a long time without an MOT for a car with no real value.

1 minute ago, Skezza said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news my friend, but I suspect it's either been broken for parts or it is permanently off the road. 2 years is a long time without an MOT for a car with no real value.

I know that's my fear. Last mot expired 31.08.17. Was hoping it was in a garage somewhere. If the has been broken for parts would it still show as sorn? Thank you 

3 hours ago, Sausage said:

Plenty of ghost cars with v5s on sorn and no vehicle left to match it. 

This.

Hello darkness my old friend.

2 hours ago, weslangdon said:

The tdi's and the better kept GTI's will always have a value

GTi's yes.....

Me too, Arosa TDI, Lupo Sport TDI with sunroof, love them both. Had a Arosa TDI for my youngest son too but he found it embarrassing so moved on to a Mini that he struggles to run. I've owned at one time or other every model in the line up bar the GTI but having done the Golf GTI Mark 1 and 2 stuff in my yoof, I don't feel I'm missing out.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:52 PM, weslangdon said:

They too fragile; whereas the TDi will always have a dedicated cheapskate following

I feel like you contradict yourself with this point. You could easily say the same applies for the SDI?

3 hours ago, Skezza said:

I feel like you contradict yourself with this point. You could easily say the same applies for the SDI?

Compared to the GTI the TDI is a much more resilient higher mileage capable vehicle, it lacks the lightweight delicacy of aluminium panels and thinned down glass too. I have no regard for the SDI, slow, horrible handling and poor brakes, whereas the TDI if treated to a stage 1 remap more than keeps up with the GTI. I accept an SDI is cheap to run, but I'm not that cheap.