VW MCD Double DIN Headunit

AndyW

I have one of these that has just come out my Lupo. Can't see myself ever using it again and not bothered about keeping it around the garage forever so is anyone interested?

Looks like this one:

2014-vw-mfd2-dx-rns-mcd-navigation-map-u

Yeah, i fitted one to my loop. Got it for £150, incl disc and code. But I'll be honest and say that the navigation system isn't that good. It often takes you on wierd routes. But the sound system is good and you can connect an emulator to the multichanger port to allow USB and memory sticks to be used for mp3 tracks. And it matches the rest of the dash perfectly...

Yeah you can as far as I know. I can't find the one I bought online, but I just googled and this came up. There are a few variations, so read the small print.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01LY35WB9/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Oh, and you need a GPS antenna for the sat nav which plugs into the back. I fitted mine inside the instrument cluster as close to the windscreen as poss, just under the binacle cover. They're about £5 on fleabay.

Not complicated in the slightest, plugs straight into dash and my gps receiver sat in the upper part of the dash.

Let me know if you are interested, it also has a Dension iPod kit attached to it but this is for a 30pin dock connector device rather than a lightning connector like modern Apple devices.

18 hours ago, mk2 said:

Yeah, i fitted one to my loop. Got it for £150, incl disc and code. But I'll be honest and say that the navigation system isn't that good. It often takes you on wierd routes. But the sound system is good and you can connect an emulator to the multichanger port to allow USB and memory sticks to be used for mp3 tracks. And it matches the rest of the dash perfectly...

How does the navigation system work then? Looks stone age Haha.

3 hours ago, AndyW said:

Not complicated in the slightest, plugs straight into dash and my gps receiver sat in the upper part of the dash.

Let me know if you are interested, it also has a Dension iPod kit attached to it but this is for a 30pin dock connector device rather than a lightning connector like modern Apple devices.

Pm sent. Thanks 

The navigation system on all of these sort of units is never good. Obviously age has something to do with that, but even newer VW units are ropey imo. In fact, almost all OEM in-car units are shoddy excluding a select few. I've explained many times why.... you should only really consider them a backup to your phone.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Yeah, i might be persuaded to pull mine out too. Perfect working order, complete with removal keys, code, map cd, usb interface and GPS antenna (under the dash). £250? I just use my phone all the time now, so it's a bit wasted on me. Does "complete" the car though to full OEM top spec.