New Lupo owner from Shropshire

Lord-lupo

Hiya folks

I'm a new Lupo owner, oldish and bald, from Market Drayton in Shropshire, currently doing a clutch replacement (what a pig of a job)(plates not to bad but pressure plate worn due to retaining spring on release bearing broken) Great little quirky cars though, I have a 02 plated 1.4 16v in silver which has a few issues but will sort those as and when need be, just gave is a service, plugs, filter, oil and filter, still need to do the cam belt 🙄 though, basically got it as a run around to and from work but love it, will improve it over time, needs a nice set of alloys and may be some coil overs to improve what seams to be good handling as standard, oh and a better stereo lol  

Look forward to joining in the chit chat on here 😎

thumbnail (30).jpg

thumbnail (32).jpg

18 hours ago, Sausage said:

Lift it and put big knobbly tyres on it. 

Hmmmm I got the run around so I can get another landrover disco to do exactly that to it 😂 

20 hours ago, mk2 said:

Welcome to CL! :)

It's all about lack of space when doing a clutch. What were the symptoms?

I'll say, mind I'm used to working on the 60's mini's so get on well with no space 🤩 The symtoms............the pedal felt kind of mushy with no positive feeling there, and the biting point kept changing a little, will post some pictures of the broken bits later 😎

19 hours ago, mattarosa said:

Welcome!

I spend a fiar bit of time knocking round Market Drayton and the Newport area for work.

It looks a nice clean base you've to work with.

I've seen another one around here, saw it twice in the space of 30 minutes with a young lass driving it, even had a cheeky smile of her haha, Its not a bad little bus to be fair, bit of rust around some of the arches but nothing major 😉

Wow you don't see that very often. Got a pic of the gearbox end? What condition is the sleeve in, in the gearbox bellhousing, that the release bearing slides on? One of my lupos has a stiff and heavy clutch which I've isolated to the gearbox. I'm convinced the sleeve has broken. A job well overdue.

I bet you were shocked at how expensive the replacement clutch kit is... For some odd reason Lupo clutch kits are 4x the price of average kits. No idea why. £200 instead of £45.

10 hours ago, mk2 said:

Wow you don't see that very often. Got a pic of the gearbox end? What condition is the sleeve in, in the gearbox bellhousing, that the release bearing slides on? One of my lupos has a stiff and heavy clutch which I've isolated to the gearbox. I'm convinced the sleeve has broken. A job well overdue.

I bet you were shocked at how expensive the replacement clutch kit is... For some odd reason Lupo clutch kits are 4x the price of average kits. No idea why. £200 instead of £45.

Definitely needed doing sooner rather than later, the sleeve wasn't to bad, a little warn but perfectly serviceable, TBH the clutch kit from euro car parts was only £75 quid which I didn't think was to bad, had a release bearing, pressure plate and friction plate in the kit 😎