Bought my 4th Lupo but something feels wrong...

loopydebs

Morning all, been wanting another Lupo for a while now. Bought one last night but our bank transfer isn’t going through and for some reason alarm bells are going off in my head!

I’m supposed to be picking it up tonight once sorted tax & insurance.

I’ve agreed a fairly high price, it’s a TDI with very low mileage. The condition isn’t mint but it’s very good.

They’ve had it less than a month.

I've filled out their log book for change of owner but am having seriously cold feet having slept on it and having the payment not goes through makes me think they’re not financially sound.

Opinions would be greatfully appreciated!

thanks all x

if your bank transfer isnt going thru then likely the problem is your end. Double check the details. Absolutely double check the info as if you pay the wrong account then you aint getting it back.

I sold a car and they couldnt make the bank transfer using online banking while sitting in my kitchen, my spidey senses went off the scale and i made it clear the car wouldnt be leaving my possession without full payment. They made some phone calls to their bank and turned out they were using a wrong or old code (not sure which) and the bank did the transfer immediately over the phone instead. Payment went straight thru.

If you are feeling negative about it take that as a sign you arent happy with the deal, otherwise you would just view this payment situation as a minor snag and make sure it gets done. Back out now and have a rethink. Chances are he wont sell it unless it is priced sensibly and you can come back to it if you want and probably haggle it down.

Be wary of cars owned for a few weeks. Chances are he is trade and selling as private especially if the price is above average. Does he have log book? is it in his name and address? 

Edited by Sausage

I 100% agree with @Sausage. There should never EVER be a rush when buying a used car. Unless very rare or something. My guess is you've given them a holding deposit. Make up an excuse to do more research before following through... let us know hiw you got on :)

Thanks all! My husband managed to talk me round and sticking with it, payment went through in the end.

I will pic it up tonight, am excited! Apprehensive but I know a good garage!

log book is in their name, I’m pretty sure they’re selling it to make a quick buck but it couldn’t be much more perfect in terms of what I’m looking for. 

I’ll let you know how it goes!