Electric sunroof dead

Polo 6n2, same kit as Lupo afaik. (edit: it's similar but not the same).

25a fuse good, >12v there. From memory the motor feed gets 11.8v 10.2v next pin, 0.5v and earth. (pics later)

Rotary knob pins 1 and 3 or 6 and 3 gets stepped variable resistance as knob is turned so i assume working.

Couldnt work out the logic board so decided it must be duff and tested motor without it direct on 12v and that worked fine, so bought another sunroof motor for it. That arrived today and is exactly the same, dead.

So is it the volts at the motor plug? Any ideas. I'd forgotten i had sunroof in red TDI so have another spare switch and motor I guess.

Edited by Sausage

Stuck battery charger on Lupo battery terminals and blocked off the fuel pipes as got a geyser of fuel 1st go at it...

Ok Lupo motor is similar but different, switch is the same and works fine.

Lupo motor feed wires are brown 0v (ground) next pin >12v, next pin 4.7v, last pin >12v.

Retest Polo feed wires are Brown 0v (ground) next pin 0v, next pin 0.3v, last pin 12v so something has changed from earlier where i got 10v on one pin. So a wiring fault somewhere. Is there a relay for this?

Edited by Sausage

Never worked on one, but from your description, sounds like a supply from controls board/switch issue. Might be the switch? Swap the motor for a headlamp bulb and then see if you can get it to light up...

• 1 month later...

OK fixed.

I did wonder and it turned out to be correct: Passenger door window motor disconnected over the winter as window wouldnt go back up without assistance so rather than it packing up down I unplugged it. So that was linked in to the sunroof wiring so with it disconnected there the sunroof wouldnt work.

Fixed door regulator today and sunroof motor back in and working which is a result.