_mk1_arosa

I'm in abit of a pickle I'm currently undergoing loads of research on doing a 1.8t conversion in my 1.4 arosa MK1 but havent found anything to really help me as seem to be done all on lupos I know there pretty much the same has anyone here done his conversion themselves I know that I need:

shorter L/H driveshaft with 100mm inner

Standard R/H driveshaft with 100mm inner 

Bigger breaks probably from gti lupo 

Smaller engine fan 

Conversion engine and gearbox mount (found someone who sells them on eBay for £250)

Wiring loom needs either changing or soldering engine bay side idk what way is easiest (idk what the fxck I'm doing with the loom all help will be greatly appreciated)

Pedal box for throttle as 1.8t are fly by wire 

Different clutch pedal 

What Im not sure about 

Do I use the same fuel pump?

Do I need to cut the chassis ? 

Do I need to weld anything ?

What do I do about exhaust is that something I'm going to have to get custom made ? 

What do I do about the immobilizer from the 1.8t engine, do I need to change key barrel etc ? 

If I have missed anything or got anything wrong please let me know as don't want to come into any problems during my conversion 

Thanks for reading 

All help will be greatly appreciated

Tyler. 

I havent done it, but have looked into it and nicked some details from a couple of 20v conversions that were for sale etc. text file below:

From what I gather: Yes you have to cut chassis, yes you have to weld. Some 1.8T use throttle cable so are easier to use. Fuel pump I would guess is fine until power outstrips supply. I think it's 5 wires needed to get the engine running. Immo will have to be off or else key, cluster etc. Exhaust will be diy or custom made.

There are more builds for other cars like mk1, mk2, golf etc about so look at them for other useful info.

Gearbox needs some thought about ratios as well, so work out your tyre size and see what will work with it.

20v lupo spec.text

Edited by Sausage