Tomorrow VW get it!!

mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> ....Plan and simply my cars got to go to VW and get sorted the cars done a total of 7000 miles from new in 9 months! It’s beyond a joke now driving home tonight the whole car begins to vibrate quite violently! Warning lights go on and off as they please clutch is faulty brakes are faulty! I have an extremely loud cranking noise every time I pull away which quite frankly embarrasses me when I have people in my car because it sounds so bad! And all the small niggly things that coincidently end up winding you up more than the big things! the list goes on! Now I brought this car off the back of my love for the loop GTi and my Arosa which had no problems at all and was half the cost! I know the arosa was never driven like I drive my GTi but still this car is made to be driven harder than your average city car true of false? And when I take it to get it fixed the lack of service I receive from my local stealer is crap forcing me to travel an extra 30 miles to a dealer who is to be honest only a little better!! I know the car isn’t a Bentley or an Aston and won’t be without its problems/faults but I expect more from a range topping VW in fact any VW and frankly for a small car the GTi isn't cheap! I love my loop to bits but I'm losing faith in her! It’s just a shame she can’t run smoothly/smoother!! Rant almost over! Tomorrow I relay the message to VW directly and if I don’t get anywhere ill have to contact there press office!! angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> (sorry for any spelling mistakes I was in full flow and couldn’t be stop!! lol) Edited by Ty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abridge in Harlow are useless so yes I take her over to Abridge in Loughton now maybe I was abit harsh in saying there only a little better than Harlow there not a bad stealership! its just I think its time I told VW directly the problems Im getting with this car! No I dont see anyone in particular although I tend to speak with Corin if I can

Edited by Ty

I've been dealing with a girl called Kate in Service - she knows me well, and I know her well (I have a bit of a reputation around there for causing a nuisance, but everyone likes me laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />) Last time I was there they did a really good job of sorting out all my niggles.

Talk to Kate in service, and calmly say that you're having problems with your loop and you're not getting anywhere - a friend of yours - John Crighton (that's me - no farscape jokes please) said you should speak to her, as she's been very helpful with him in the past.

If you want I'll talk to Kate first and let her know to expect you.

Thanks John but I have spoken to VW directly this morning, I am Expecting a call from the Loughton Service manager Nick sometime this morning. Ive had work carried out at loughton in the past and they to be fair did a good job never any trouble/problems so I have no issue with leaving the car with them for a length of time! I will most definetly mention your name when talking to him about my situation and tell him we both have had good service from them in the past and I would like to deal with him directly but if he's not Available that you recommended Kate to me. My issues arent with the stealership so im not going to get irrate with them my issues are directed directly at VW!

Edited by Ty

They even had the cheek to tell me because im to young to be given a hire car that I would have to find a hire company willing to give me a car! I said with all due respect that I wasnt going to waste another second of my day looking for a car hire firm that would allow me to have a car! and that if my car was working like it should be I wouldn't need a hire car and that they need to arrange a car for me which im sure isn't a hard task is it! I may even have the car recovered as Im unsure if its driveable and have them deliver me a car to my house! Im certainly not going to be carless this time around and im certainly not going to put myself out anymore!

Edited by Ty

Just an update on proceedings....... Im taking the car to VW tomorrow first thing and leaving the car with them for a period of time. I am having a courtesy car made available to me so ill be lupoless as from tomorrow! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Car goes in tomorrow I know theres going to be a row over whats warranty work and what isnt! But I believe the brakes and clutch shouldnt be giving up after 7000miles! But we'll see what happens i suppose! anyone had any luck with this sort of thing in the past? I know the warranty terms and conditions state fair wear and tear arent covered but ill argue my corner as best I can!

Edited by Ty

the dealer will try and make everything seem like your fault. try to keep cool, if all fails, tell them you want to return the car for all the trouble you've had and you want your money back.

......Please tell me there joking? I recieved a call this morning regarding the door readjustment and paint work for those of you who dont know and to add to my list or problems my doors are rubbing on the footwell of the car and have caused the paintwork on the footwell and door the come off!! VW rung me to tell me that this may not be covered by warranty after all and that I would possibly have to pay in excess of £500 for the paintwork!!! Theres no way on this earth im paying £500 + to have my doors fixed and painted on a car thats 9 months old! My letter to the MD of VW is getting longer and longer by the day! Im going to ring every car manufactures press office today and ask them what there policy would be on doors that are scrapping the paintwork off due to the doors not aligning properly on a 9 month old car! what a piss take thats all I can say!

Edited by Ty

This is crazy.  Have you rung VW customer services in Milton Keynes?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd be doing that too and telling them how crap the dealership is and how they're treating you. Then go to the dealership and tell them you've already made a complaint, it sounds shocking really. I'd expect that to be done under warranty. ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Yer thats where ive been in Liaison with a senior customer care manager and I recieve a call off someone this morning who I havent ever spoken to before who deosnt know anything about my case what so ever to tell me i may be liable for the repairs! dont VW understand that the car is under a year old and that by LAW they have to fix it and my extreme way forward would be to reject the car under the sales of goods act...

I'd be doing that too and telling them how crap the dealership is and how they're treating you. Then go to the dealership and tell them you've already made a complaint, it sounds shocking really. I'd expect that to be done under warranty.  ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im under the impression at the moment that its VW themselves telling the dealership what to do! and typically the serivce manager is out the office today so I'll have to wait till tomorrow for the person ive been dealing with to ring him!

sorry what i forgot to add in my rant is that there saying they only cover door alignment for the first 6 months after this its down to you and I. I swear if I hear VW say to me 6 months this or 6 months that again I will shoot someone!!

Unfortunately as the law stands, you have to prove that the doors were faulty if VW say so. This is not the case within the first 6 months. (Reversal of burden of proof - Sale of goods act)

However I'd still say it's pretty nasty, and that they're doing it by the letter.

Edited by bossjohnc

Unfortunately as the law stands, you have to prove that the doors were faulty if VW say so. This is not the case within the first 6 months. (Reversal of burden of proof - Sale of goods act)

However I'd still say it's pretty nasty, and that they're doing it by the letter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your correct John but as it stands I haven't actually had any work carried out on the car and until such time as I do

- This reversal of the usual burden of proof only applies when the consumer is seeking a repair or replacement

I may not seek this and ask for a full refund but I dont think it will come that

and I have also flagged up the door trouble in the past with VW!

Edited by Ty

Your correct John but as it stands I haven't actually had any work carried out on the car and until such time as I do

- This reversal of the usual burden of proof only applies when the consumer is seeking a repair or replacement

I may not seek this and ask for a full refund but I dont think it will come that

and I have also flagged up the door trouble in the past with VW!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But you're asking for a repair!

If you've talked about the doors in the past, I think that's your best point for leverage.

But you're asking for a repair!

If you've talked about the doors in the past, I think that's your best point for leverage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yer but obvisously I dont want it to come down to rejecting the car or whatever, as you say Ill have to show evidence of a fault which I have plenty of! but thanks for the advice Ill have to wait until tomorrow for the outcome and take the necessary steps from there...

Edited by Ty

Ty, are you at this moment dealing with the dealer? The salesman? The service boss? Or VW customer care themselves? I'm a little confused.

Who are you waiting to hear from now?

Ty, are you at this moment dealing with the dealer? The salesman? The service boss? Or VW customer care themselves? I'm a little confused.

Who are you waiting to hear from now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im a little confused myself Andy....... Im dealing with the servie manager Nick and a customer care manager Sam Fairweather who is dealing with my problems on my behalf at the moment, she has to authorise the work and then authorise it with Nick to go ahead carry out the work! confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

And I am waiting for Sam to speak to Nick about authorising the doors to be done and that VW will pay for it...... I can feel another load hassle tomorrow its getting me down now to be honest.... Its so fustrating I love the car so much I just want it to be right thats all!! I dont want anything for nothing and never have I paid good money for this car and its all paid for, but I dont believe the problems im having warrant me paying for anything.....

Edited by Ty