Lucky with cars?

Y2ACP

I have been driving for 26 years and five months ago I bought the lupo my seventh car fourteen years old with 79k.it works out the average age and mileage when I buy a car is about seven years old with 45k with the most I ever paid 5k, my average miles at 7k a year (now 2.5).The only parts ever needed are altinater for mk1 fiesta £10 scrap yard fitted myself,cellanoyd for heater mk5 fiesta.two exhausts,two springs on suspension,one set of break disks and three sets of break pads,three battery's iv lost count on tyres maybe twelve.

Edited by Y2ACP

• 3 months later...

Have you only posted this to make me cry?🤣 the maintenance on my 125cc Suzuki has cost me thousands, and that's a little motorbike! Not even getting into the car side of things, though I have always stuck to older and classics from autotrader, soon I'm getting a near new car for the first time from a car dealer friend. Will be my first near new, hoping to save myself all the maintenance and repair costs.

Torn between a clio and a c1, any pointers?

About £50 a year maintenance parts costs on my SDIs... reliable, cheap to run, get you A to B cars, with no style or comfort whatsoever.

I like buying cars with descriptions like "there is a major problem with the engine, so buying as spares and repairs." Means it's just a wire that's fallen off. Done that a few times. Stuck EGR valves are a good fault too... oh and "check engine light is on" :)