Part number required please

BioTriffid

4 hours ago, BioTriffid said:

Hi guys

I need to know the part number to this bit or links to any thanks 

Kieran

IMG_20190327_150553.jpg

OMG! You must have noticed this deteriorating well before it finally popped. Never seen one this bad before... wow. Replace both sides.

Honestly I've put new coilovers in about 2 months ago they looked fine no sign of cracks or splits a few days ago it developed a horrible noise so I went over the car looking for everything diff drive shafts and wheel bearings anything that moves really then I noticed this as I was putting the suspension bolts back in and heard it pop up top and the whole strut dropped down to the ground I then looked at the other side and it to has a crack developed have found 2 replacements now its this damaged after I was putting it all back together today me tighten up the bolts must have pulled too hard and sent it through the whole way I'll laugh if this isn't the problem of the sound lol 

Ah.... I think I get it now. So am i right in understanding that what I think has happened is: as the reduced travel, lowered suspension bottoms out occasionally (like when you hit a speed bump or do a hard landing after jumping 21 double decker buses), the top of the shock or the completely compressed coil spring hammers the strut bearing. The bearing then pushes (hammers) the lower edge of the rubber bush. The rubber bush and sleeve compresses completely, then smacking hard against the suspension tower. Tower stronger than suspension component wins. So I guess there is no bump stop in place? Must be hard suspension...

Yeah the car is stiff suspension has very little travel in the shock probably don't help its polybushed I have bump stops in but they could do with replacing have seen a better time to be honest. If it happens again I'll probably see if I can get some made from mild steel not ally since ally is weak but if they are the original ones then they definitely served there time doing some almost 21 years? I can't complain if they are original parts.