EGR advice

Darran

Hi all just had oil change and timeing belt kit fitted to my 1.7SDI lupo I got 99.000 miles on clock and car is totally original in great condition I asked the mechanic about blanking off EGR valve and he said why as there is no probs with the car so leave it alone but I’m just curious why he advices me this when most people say it’s better for the car to blank it off so wounded if best to leave it alone or get it blanked off and if people think best to blank off can I have a link how to do it and best place to buy blanking plate all advice appreciated thanks 🙏 

Yeah, I'm about to completely EGR block and gas flow my SDI (one of them). I'll take some pics and post a "how-to" in a week or three. There have been a few people asking how to do it.

for the time being, you can simply unplug the vac hose to the egr valve and choke flap. Don't forget to block the suction off or it'll suck in loads of gunge/dust.