Easy way to adjust top driver's door hinge?

mk2

Noticed that my drivers door is sagging very slightly (about 3mm), so decided to adjust the body side hinges to get it back in line again. I've moved the bottom hinge towards the back of the car by a tiny amount- to the limit- but still it's not enough. Looks like I now need to move the top hinge towards the front of the car a bit.

Anyone know of any tricks on the Lupo besides pulling the whole dash out to get to that single splined bolt? The other I can get to from the outside through the door gap. There has got to be an easy way. There must be...

Yeah, the pin or the the loop is worn (or both). I've loosened the pin clamp bolt and tried to turn the pin to a new position, leaving the hinge but no difference.

Can you get to the inner splined bolt head with the wing off? Is there some sort of access hatch/bung like on the lower one? Good to know :)

Edited by mk2

Was thinking about packing the lower door side hinge to move it, but the gap's already starting to be noticable. Is there a way to adjust the hinge in the door? I know adjusting the door side of the hinges adjust the in-out of the door skin compared to the wing, but don't know of a way to get the 'hang' right. When the in-out is correct and flush with the wing, all you can do is bend the window frame to get the gaps right at the top. It's amazing how easy it is to bend the window frame. Had a few people ask me how I get the fit to be perfect all round... secret's out now!

Edited by mk2