Rat look Lupo Project ideas wanted! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€

Ant1975

http://rat-look.com/forum/index.php

I'd avoid the rusty paint as it looks crap and is old hat now, there no quicker way apart from a large hammer and fire to decrease the value of the car.ย 

Not seen many rat lupos done well tbh and the base colour will have a big factor in it. Most over do it with that bloody rusty paint. Low, real or forced patina, motorsport wheels is a good start.ย Take inspiration from this imp:ย http://rat-look.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8816

126b70j.jpg

Edited by Sausage
  • Like 1

It really grinds my gears when people do this to a car in nice condition too, find a shed and do it to that, you have the best possible start then and dont waste / ruin a nice one. My black TDI is a great candidate.

It's way easier to do up a car to like new condition, keeping it original than modding it. Waste of a decent car. Throwing away money. No resale value. That's all I'll say on the subject.

Iโ€™m sure that was up for ยฃ450 a few weeks back.ย 

I do like an imp.ย 

Just have fun with it, comparingย and competingย wonโ€™t make you happy, this is the problem with todayโ€™s generation. Only you know what you like, and if others donโ€™t well thatโ€™s just fine.ย 

Frank I feel like I sound like you hahaha.

Danno is absolutely right, there are no rules you do as you like. If the rusty painted Lupo floats your boat then go for it. But you did ask for some ideas.

Rummage around on the rat forum for inspiration. I saw that Imp years back and loved it.ย 

5 hours ago, danno said:

Iโ€™m sure that was up for ยฃ450 a few weeks back.ย 

I do like an imp.ย 

Just have fun with it, comparingย and competingย wonโ€™t make you happy, this is the problem with todayโ€™s generation. Only you know what you like, and if others donโ€™t well thatโ€™s just fine.ย 

Frank I feel like I sound like you hahaha.

:)

ย 

• Like 1

Difficult to believe, but i guess it's possible :)ย 

Such a good job, even the hinge and slide rails are done. That must have been a nightmare even with a few hot air guns stretching and pulling everywhwere.

wouldย love to see it closeup, or at least find out how they did it. Must have all been done on CAD before they started, to get all the oxide runs and blistering in the right places. Lots of measuring and graphics work. Very very nice. Interestingly, I don't think it'd be possible to get a rat look that good on a 'real'ย rusty car.