No Check Engine Light

QuentinHW2909

My car failed it’s mot for having no illumination of the Check engine light. it didn’t come on when i turn the ignition. so I’ve since disconnected the O2 sensor to try and purposely illuminate it. it still didn’t come on. so I switched the dashboard for another and tried again. still nothing happened. so what could I be missing? i’ve checked all the fuses and they’re all fine. any help at this point would be greatly appreciated 👍

• 3 years later...

If you have noticed that the engine management warning light has switched on your dashboard, it is most likely a problem with one of the sensors. This is the most common cause on the VW Lupo. This is due to a faulty Lambda sensor. This part is responsible for helping control exhaust emissions. The solution is to replace the Lambda sensor to resolve the issue. That is also why it is important to check your led interior car lights once in a while. It may cause more trouble than one can think at first. I am sorry this happened to you, but I hope it serves as a lesson for the others.

Edited by Clodmiran

• 2 months later...

I have a similar problem. Car hasn't failed it's MOT or anything (2004 GTI) but no engine warning light present when turning ignition. Where's the O2 sensor so I can try to trigger it to check it does actually work? Unless mine doesn't have one