Lupo central locking issue

Darran

Hi all my 53 reg lupo 1.7Sdi s will open all doors and the interior light comes on when I put key in drivers door to open but when I try to lock it only the drivers door will lock but if I press central locking button on drivers door door card it works does anybody know what could be problem 

Classic door locking switches problem. Every vdub, all models suffer from those problems, 97-2009 approx. Use your remote central locking instead.

oh, and welcome to club lupo :)

show us some pics of your SDI...

The OP's message is a bit confusing. Are you saying the passenger door doesn't lock from the central locking? @mk2 - remote locking wouldn't fix this. I'd replace the door module personally. It used to be cheaper to take them apart clean them up, and refresh any bad solder joints. I don't think it's worth it these days.

Hi Skezza if I put key in drivers door to open they all work fine and interior light comes on but when I turn key in drivers door to close only the drivers door. Closes the passenger side and boot stay open 

Yeah that's the microswitch. When the key moves to the 'lock car' position, only the mechanical lock is working, but it's not being picked up by the convenience centre unit- the CCU is not getting the lock activation signal from the lock (switch) when you turn the key. 

If you fitted an aftermarket RKE system, you can bypass the lock switches.

But like @Skezza says, it is possible that the 'locked' switch is faulty (different switch), in which case the CCU thinks that even though it provided a lock motor pulse to power the locking motor to lock the doors, it isn't getting confirmation that the motor worked. So it then unlocks the door again... It is a common fault. And a right pain to fix. Time consuming.

Just tried passenger side to lock and unlock and that side works it even sets the red LED light to work on drivers side door pin 

so does this mean to fix it I need a drivers side module 

57 minutes ago, Darran said:

Just tried passenger side to lock and unlock and that side works it even sets the red LED light to work on drivers side door pin 

so does this mean to fix it I need a drivers side module 

Yes...

Hi all just woundering if there are any good contacts to do jobs on my lupo  in  S Wales valleys area 

as idd like to get this door module replaced and prob few other jobs in future 

Personally, I'd bung in an aftermarket RKE system. One of my SDIs has a dodgy driver's door lock module and the solution was to just not use the key to open and lock the car remotely. Exactly the same symptoms...

There's a good gearbox refurb chap in your area. Someone on here will remember who he is.

Other than door module, I'd do the EGR, cam belt, check filters, change gear oil, lube linkages, locks, hinges. SDIs are built to last a very long time. :)

Any pics of your motor?