New here, just recently bought a lupo 1.4 sport

RobCarter51892

Just bought a 1.4 sport, new on here had a few issues with the door hinges and check straps, any ideas where i could get some replacements for my drivers side or would i be better off going to a scrap yard to see if i could find any?

Edited by RobCarter51892
typos

Hey hey! Welcome to club lupo :)

Do the doors just feel loose or worn hinges? If it looks like the hinge pin is rattling in the hole, it could just be that the pin anchor bolt has become loose. There's a tiny little black plastic cap on the side of the hinge pin, that covers a 6mm head bolt, which clamps the pin tight. Might be that? If it is, turn the hinge pin to a new position (to even out the wear) put a drop of thread lock on the thread and tighten it up again. Then put the cap back on. Sorted. Then you'll be able to see if the door check straps need replacing or just a good lube...

oh, don't forget to lube the himges regularly!

Edited by mk2
  • Thanks 1

Clunky is probably the check strap, you can get some bronze bushings to fix them or else get new straps. Stick some grease and lube along the strap and see if it shuts it up and look for play at the bush end.

Mine though has now broken on the door pillar when the wind took it a week or so back.😒

Dscn5188.jpg

Edited by Sausage

The bottom weld on nut had come off so was tightened up with a spanner holding it instead. That meant that all the load was taken by the top threaded part (that has now broken) as the bottom nut was able to move about under load. (if that made sense?).