Lupo Sport

Lupifer

Hi, currently have a 1.4s Lupo but now looking for abit more power and I’m searching for a Lupo Sport, anyone know of any for sale please?

Looking for original condition model and under 70k miles.

Edited by Lupifer

Thanks mk2 :) The gti looks great but may be out of my price range at the moment. Just missed out on a Sport which had 55k and full history for £2k so abit gutted but I’m sure they will come up again if I’m patient!

Yeah, if you can get the money together for a Gti, drive it for a year, have fun, maintain it, then sell it for exactly what you paid for it. A bit like my Bugatti... might even get lucky and make a few quid. Free motoring! They're going up in value.

Sadly sports don't hold their value as well.

23 hours ago, Lupifer said:

Thanks mk2 :) The gti looks great but may be out of my price range at the moment. Just missed out on a Sport which had 55k and full history for £2k so abit gutted but I’m sure they will come up again if I’m patient!

I'd go for a high mile GTI for £2k.  There's some good looked after examples with history for that price and having owned a lower mileage sport and several high mileage GTIs, I'd take the GTI every time. 

Put it into perspective, say a 2002 GTI has 150k, it's 17 years old, that is only 9,000 miles a year, it's just been used, if the paperwork is there to back up the miles, get a GTI, continue to look after it and it will hold value.

Plus I'd argue that the GTI has a stronger gearbox than the sport so less likely to blow up on you!

I wouldnt worry about mileage either as long as it has history and maintenance and the right price.

Your budget is 2k, get a GTI. If your budget is 1k get a Sport. I'm biased pretty heavily but tbh get a nice breathed on TDI instead. (£30 tax, faster than a Sport, stronger gearbox, stronger pedal box etc etc).

• Like 1

Good luck with your search if you need a car now red one on gumtree has been up for sale for 8 months on and off,£2300 might just get it. Don’t know if it’s 6 speed one thing most people look for but for £2000 might be a hard find.

Is for mk2 golfs... :)

nitro yellow green otherwise known as fantasia green is my fav for lupos. Very different amongst an ocean of grey, silver, black, dark metallic blue and burgundy out there.