A/C Fails

MORE

Hello guys.

Due to the rising of the temperatures here in Italy, I faced a problem with the A/C.

Basically, I start the A/C, after a while, fresh air arrives, but, in heavy traffic, cooling temperature

increases, normally it stays on 90 Deg C, but at this point, the A/C compressor swith off.

Only if, coolant temperature goes slight down, or manually ( not all the time ), I switch off and then on

the cabin fan, the A/C runs normal.

R134 is ok, was recharged on last January.

Any idea?

BR

Edited by MORE

mmm I don't know... Using vag, no fault codes, but I can't check the HVAC because it's a manual A/C, 

and my vag supports only auto A/C.

BR

If the compressor turns off, then something is disconnecting it. On most vdub cars, there is a fan controller unit, which also has a relay which controls the 12v compressor coil. It could be that?

Fortunately the pressure switch on the bulkhead is an easy one you can swap yourself.

If you want to check that is it there is a simple bypass test you can do.

The sensor on the bulkhead behind the engine is easy to change. Or you can unplug it and see if there's a change. It is usually controlled (on manual ac cars) by the fan controller module.

Hi Guys

Unfortunally the problem is not solved, worst, I checked and another one came out.
Read this sequence, please.
I switched on the engine.

I started the AC, so everything was ok, the fan started to run at 2nd speed, so I turned off AC.

I wait until engine warm up, temperature near to 90°C, I connected the vag and I check those values, intake temp, cooling temp, air cond status.

So, I verify the fan until it start up.

First time it starts up at 98°C, more or less and stop at 84°C.

Well, I verify the same with AC on, temperature increased, after a while AC disconnect the clutch, but at the threeshold (98°C)
nothing happen to the fan, temperature continue to increase.

I disconnect the fan plug, I verify if voltage was present, yes it was.

I connected another time the fan, and immediatly fan running.

I did same operation several times, and I notice that at the threeshold , only "pushing" a while the fan, it starts running.

It seems that, with cold engine, 2nd speed it's ok, but at cold engine, fan has a problem to start by itself.
Any idea, please?

:unsure:

BR