Pair of regular front coil springs *wanted*

mk2

Hi all, anyone done a coil over conversion and they're trying to get rid of a pair of front springs? I need a pair for one of my SDIs. I did a regular check and OMG, the ends of both of them have corroded and snapped clean off. Like the last 50mm or so. I thought the car was riding different.

Even slightly rusty ones considered- paint spot (ride height) code violet/yellow ideally, but green/white and violet/white should also work.

part numbers if interested:

1J0411105AF or

6N0411105D or

1J0411105AD or

ditto ...AC  ...AA ...AE

Curiously the same as as mk4 golf, 6N polo and a shed load of other models!

thanks all :)

Edited by mk2

3 hours ago, Rich said:

I have some TDI ones but I'm lazy.

If Danno collects and posts a deal could be done.

I want a mk2 golf heated seat switch..

TDI is same spec, so they'll work....

Twin or single type? I'll have a look when I get to my parts bins, but you'll need a lot of luck as I don't think I have one. rare thing it is. so easy to pull from a breakers a few years back. All gone now.

Nah, not yet. I'm going to try a pair of new mk4 golf springs, which have the same part number, but not sure about the rating. So the front of my car might ride too high, too low or just right...

What are your springs like? They'll fit regular shocks? OEM ride height? I'll have a read of that link.

Well I can confirm that brand new, regular poverty spec, mk4 golf front springs fit perfectly, but are too soft for a SDI. Lowering springs! The ride height is now about 50mm down on where it should be. Hmm. Next....!

Gonna try VR6 mk4 springs next. That's a heavier engine, so might be perfect for the diesel lump up front.

Hard to believe that the front of a SDI is heavier than a regular mk4 golf.

Yeah, I'm interested.... :)

But at £8 a spring, brand new, plus delivery makes new over used nicer. Means I don't need to sand blast and re-powdercoat. Plus I've had an idea using a short length of tube and another pair of spring cups. So the spring 'rate' will be lower (more comfy ride for the really crap roads around here), but at the normal 4" ride height.

Danno, what condition are your SDI springs in?