Pedal box on an 03 plate

Stuboy

Hi everyone new here I've just aquired a seat arosa on an 03 plate few things to do but the main one is sort out the creaking clutch which I've been told could be the pedal box possibly on its way out. Any advice on how to fix replace and where as I'm in Birmingham. What sort of cost am I looking at to TIA

Welcome to club lupo :)

to be sure if it has gone or if it's on its way out, the clutch pedal should be level with the brake pedal... if the clutch is lower, then you're right, the pedal box assembly will need replacing. If level, then it "may" just have a crack in, which buys you a bit of time. The creaking is often caused by the edges of the metal crack sliding against each other.

pics of your car? :)

Done this before tbf it’s not as hard as it sounds can be done within 5 hours if you have the right thread on here as I need to do it again but can’t seem to find it but you will obviously need a new pedal box then you need some bolts to replace the sheer bolts in steering column as you need to replace those id do those a few days before you actually do pedal box as they can take a while to get out just on their own and you will need a break pedal clip all in if you do it your self it’s about £45 for new pedal box about £15 for break pedal clip and couple quid for bolts if your mechanically minded it’s fairly easy you just need to remove drivers seat and lower dash to do it all 

You could pester your local vdub dealer, as they are aware that there was a recall on the Polo- which has the exact same design. There was no recall on the lupo (there should have been). They may do it for you at a low cost with a good will gesture... :)

Depends if your mechanic chap considers his time more valuable... he could save money by welding it, but it would take much more time than just buying the bits. £150 is about the going rate for a pedal box swap. But I've heard that Vdub occasionally do it for a lot less as they do know about the pedal box "issue"...