Gerti Innocently Waits

davy26

She doesn't know it yet, but as soon as it warms up next month, some serious messing (of a Dinitrol persuasion) will be going on with her underside, (how indelicate!) And as if that wasn't intrusive enough, that  delinquent rear spoiler of hers is finally going to be sorted.

smlDSCN2620_00005.jpg

On 2/18/2019 at 5:17 PM, davy26 said:

She doesn't know it yet, but as soon as it warms up next month, some serious messing (of a Dinitrol persuasion) will be going on with her underside, (how indelicate!) And as if that wasn't intrusive enough, that  delinquent rear spoiler of hers is finally going to be sorted.

smlDSCN2620_00005.jpg

What's your conclusion on dinitrol v wax oil and are you doing it yourself?

17 hours ago, Y2ACP said:

What's your conclusion on dinitrol v wax oil and are you doing it yourself?

Andrew: I had a lot of experience with Waxoyl when I worked for BMW in the Seventies and then Dinitrol, with Alfa Romeo in the Eighties. In a way Waxoyl was a bit of a pioneer product at the time and we didn't 'know better.'  Eventually though it became clear that in some ways it was worse than doing nothing, especially where the application acted with a poulticing effect.  Dinitrol has proved much more effective, especially because of its tendency to creep into seams/crevices.  All that said,  as with so many things, the expertise used in applying it is as - if not more - important than the 'stuff' itself.  For that very reason, no, I won't be trying to apply it myself, although I do think DIY is more feasible for applying inside doors/box sections.  Key points for general underside treatment are:  prior thorough cleaning, (followed by complete drying); ambient temperature 15 C or above; being prepared to be without the car for 2 or 3 days.  If you're interested, have a look at the Dinitrol website - it's very informative. Regards. David.

I prefer waxoyl, but you need to prep everything. Don't leave your application tin sitting on a hot camping stove to warm it and wander off to have a cuppa.... sets fire to workshops quite well.