HU55 new joiner, long time GTI owner

HU55

Just saying hi, will ad pics fyi.

55 plate GTI in Black. In family since 2006 & kept completely standard.  We have been approached 5/6 times over the last few years to sell e.g. supermarket car park seems the favourite - won't be selling until there's no more petrol in the world and maybe not even then!.  A few Q's :

One of the last come into the country from DE ?

How many GTI's left on the road?

The rear spoiler has gone weird, paint flaked off so want to get a replacement spoiler and then fit/paint - any source recommended.

Thanks and Hello! from East Herts.

cropped2.jpg

Edited by HU55
pic

Welcome - I will fix this for you:

20 minutes ago, HU55 said:

One of the last come into the country from BE ?

Mine is a 55 plate  - They moved the line to Belgium for the last few years of Gti production - check for a B in your chassis number.

The how many left numbers don't make sense to me, considering the quite high numbers I have seen being broken and the handful getting imported form Japan, the numbers seem to be declining at a slower rate than I would expect

Welcome!

Regarding the spoiler, I've been after one for months - see 

I've just found out - thanks Martin - that these are still available from VW, part number 6E0 827 933 D GRU, £359.96 inc vat.

Q3 2018 the number of Gtis registered/in use in the UK was 591, SWORN, 241. (https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_lupo_gti )

Good luck.

David

1 hour ago, LR5V said:

Welcome - I will fix this for you:

Mine is a 55 plate  - They moved the line to Belgium for the last few years of Gti production - check for a B in your chassis number.

The how many left numbers don't make sense to me, considering the quite high numbers I have seen being broken and the handful getting imported form Japan, the numbers seem to be declining at a slower rate than I would expect

I think their slow rate of decline proves how much owners value them and maintain them.

I wonder if the ones coming in from Japan are starting to dry up a bit now.I don't know how popular they were in Japan.

13 hours ago, HU55 said:

Just saying hi, will ad pics fyi.

55 plate GTI in Black. In family since 2006 & kept completely standard.  We have been approached 5/6 times over the last few years to sell e.g. supermarket car park seems the favourite - won't be selling until there's no more petrol in the world and maybe not even then!.  A few Q's :

One of the last come into the country from DE ?

How many GTI's left on the road?

The rear spoiler has gone weird, paint flaked off so want to get a replacement spoiler and then fit/paint - any source recommended.

Thanks and Hello! from East Herts.

Welcome looking forward to the pictures 

9 hours ago, Y2ACP said:

Welcome tell us more about your car.

52 plate Lupo GTI in Raven Blue.Only had it about 6 months now.My main car is a Mk7 Golf GTD.Sp the wee one only comes out very rarely.

Lupo GTi's are very rare up these parts.Can't even remember the last time i saw one.

Edited by Liberator

5 hours ago, HU55 said:

thanks all for feedback - ouch on cost of spoiler!

added pic to original post, plus another here

cropped.jpg

Under 40k and never failed a mot,must be one of the best around.Do you use it as a second/summer car?

20 years ago you’d see plenty Q plates on xr3i etc written off l believe,and kit cars.The kit cars usually put a private plate on these days,so can’t remember last time I saw Q plate,something a bit different which is wat l like.

You can't remove a Q plate from a car. Ever. So even if you have a cherished plate, you can't put it on that car if it's had a Q plate. I've tried everything since buying it..... someone once explained why but I can't remember. It does turn heads, especially if the Q is obviously a Q and not an 'O' :)

13 minutes ago, mk2 said:

You can't remove a Q plate from a car. Ever. So even if you have a cherished plate, you can't put it on that car if it's had a Q plate. I've tried everything since buying it..... someone once explained why but I can't remember. It does turn heads, especially if the Q is obviously a Q and not an 'O' :)

My mate buys a new car every 3years or so,he has his private plate go straight on to the car when he swaps car it gets registered with a new reg that has never been on any car,I assume this is what’s happening on kit cars?