slammed lupo

lupo20

hi all i have a very slammed lupo on coilovers and im abit worried about the sump my car is a 1.4s 16v and know my alloy sump wont be very strong when it comes to pot holes and such...would a steel sump be alot better and not crack or smash...or am i better of making /buying a sump guard 

Good way you can reduce the risk of ripping your sump off is by increasing the ride height a bit.... it even increases the overall practicality of the car a little.

Nah, stupid idea.

2 hours ago, weslangdon said:

you risk a 2nd offence if caught using a phone to check speed

Are you for real? That's not what I said. I'm just saying you can verify your speed using a phone, even if the passenger is the person passing you that information (or verifying yours). You can legally mount your phone in a cradle, set it to GPS speed and then take your vehicle off a public road if you want.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a mk3 Golf estate turbo conversion, slammed on coilovers, as low as you can get. All was good until one b4stard manhole cover that wasn't flush. My eyes water now and I still feel the pain.

A guard is cool but measure well. Best thing is to keep it low and go slow. No dual carriageways or risky roads. Petrol station forecourts can be cnuts too.