UP! seats in LUPO

4Cough

Good Morning ClubLupo!

I was trying to google and search the forum but I am unable to find anyone who has put UP! seats into their lupo.

Has anyone here tried it? how hectic is the modification to make them fit?

Anyone have pictures?

Cheers,

Jonno

They fit totally differently to a Lupo. I have seen it done, I guess it would be similar to fitting mk1 Audi TT seats in a Lupo, I'm sure there's a how-to on here for that

5 hours ago, 4Cough said:

Good Morning ClubLupo!

I was trying to google and search the forum but I am unable to find anyone who has put UP! seats into their lupo.

Has anyone here tried it? how hectic is the modification to make them fit?

Anyone have pictures?

Cheers,

Jonno

There is someone one Facebook selling a set of UP! seats which they have adapted to fit into a Lupo.

Looks like they've got custom brackets and bolts for it to fit.

1 hour ago, mk2 said:

Hey Jonno, are there many Lupos in SA? Do you know if many other countries in Africa have them?

can't help you with the seats... i dunno.

Hey bud,

There is very few in SA, I have the only 1.4 TDI that I know of. There is another Blue 1.7 D I saw for sale awhile back, other than that the other other ones I see are either from Lesoto, Swaziland or Botswana. You can probably also find them in Namibia.

I just sold my Botswana registered on last month.

2 minutes ago, T3LLIOTT said:

There is someone one Facebook selling a set of UP! seats which they have adapted to fit into a Lupo.

Looks like they've got custom brackets and bolts for it to fit.

any chance you can help me out with direct link?

2 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

They fit totally differently to a Lupo. I have seen it done, I guess it would be similar to fitting mk1 Audi TT seats in a Lupo, I'm sure there's a how-to on here for that

Epic thanks bud let me try search...

6 hours ago, 4Cough said:

Hey bud,

There is very few in SA, I have the only 1.4 TDI that I know of. There is another Blue 1.7 D I saw for sale awhile back, other than that the other other ones I see are either from Lesoto, Swaziland or Botswana. You can probably also find them in Namibia.

I just sold my Botswana registered on last month.

Were they for sale from VW dealers or do you think that they are all imported cars? Hey, I bet the condition of the RHD cars (if they are), is really good. No rust.... Any GTIs going cheap? Show us a pic with some red dust behind the car :)

I had two Ups prior to my Lupo Gti, and I'd suggest that they are not especially desirable.  In fact, with particular regard to the Up Gti, a common disappointment expressed by owners is that the seats are not in keeping with a 'performance version,' lacking effective lateral location.  I believe that this is another of the detail features that is better on the Lupo Gti than what's specified for the Up Gti.

On 2/12/2019 at 2:55 PM, lupogtiboy said:

Thanks a lot bud, problem i see though is, You have to have the rails, I'm praying the UP does not have rails like the lupo as they are welded directly to the floor pan, guess i'll find out tomorrow when I go see the seats.

On 2/12/2019 at 8:21 PM, mk2 said:

Were they for sale from VW dealers or do you think that they are all imported cars? Hey, I bet the condition of the RHD cars (if they are), is really good. No rust.... Any GTIs going cheap? Show us a pic with some red dust behind the car :)

The Lupo was never sold in SA. My black lupo currently was originally from the UK that was brought over by the owner when she moved to SA. any others rolling around are either from neighboring countries (Which are usually Japanese imports like the one I sold) or they were brought over by the owner like my current one.

it's extremely difficult to import cars into South Africa, I am still investigating how to do it as my Dream car is a Lupo GTI, if my calculations are correct it'll cost me between R200k - 300k to get one here. (converted is about £11k - 16.5k)

23 hours ago, T3LLIOTT said:

You might need to log in and request to join the Facebook group, but here’s the link - https://www.facebook.com/groups/418929081561854?view=permalink&id=2285404508247626

Those are absolutely stunning. Pity no pictures of brackets.

I am getting the 2 Front seats for R2500 (£137).

15 hours ago, davy26 said:

I had two Ups prior to my Lupo Gti, and I'd suggest that they are not especially desirable.  In fact, with particular regard to the Up Gti, a common disappointment expressed by owners is that the seats are not in keeping with a 'performance version,' lacking effective lateral location.  I believe that this is another of the detail features that is better on the Lupo Gti than what's specified for the Up Gti.

I have the standard 1.4TDI Lupo, plain Jane Interior, So I'm pretty sure the UP seats will still be an upgrade for me.

The Up seats are bolted in each corner to the floor, so nothing like the Lupo seats at all, in fact I think the Up seats fit like most new VW's and Audi's do now.

up seat.jpg

15 hours ago, davy26 said:

A fair point, they don't have much in the way of side bolsters, but they are surprisingly comfortable. My Up has the 'leather look' seats and they are extremely comfortable, even on long journeys. It would have been nice for VW to have fitted nicer seats in the GTI, but honestly they are ok as they are in most situations.

The most comfy seats of all vdubs, no debate, as i've had discussions with a lot of people on the subject are the poverty spec mk2 golf ones. Ugly as sin. Vinyl backed. Creaky. Squeak when you try and adjust or move them. But after a long day of physical work, they are heaven. The worst are mk4 golf seats ir A4's. Something to do with the shape. The backs are curved instead of the new trendy straight ones you get in most new dubs. Thinking about it, the polo breadvan seats were the same i think....

Edited by mk2

23 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

The Up seats are bolted in each corner to the floor, so nothing like the Lupo seats at all, in fact I think the Up seats fit like most new VW's and Audi's do now.

up seat.jpg

This forum is just amazing! thanks so much Bud, exactly what I wanted to see!