Car data

Mostyn GTI

Hi everyone, I had a small water leak in my lupo gti boot and the white paper sticker with the vin and colour code etc has been damaged, so I phoned my local vw dealer to see if I can buy a replacement and unfortunately the dealers won’t sell them so I asked is there any way I can get all the info codes for the car and have my own made up because there’s not one in my book pack like newer Vw’s and the parts guy said yes pop in later and I will print off the the full car data for you and there is a lot more info on it than just the boot sticker, all he asked for to do this was the reg of the car , thre is 4 pages full of codes the very parts guy said that any vag product can be done from 1998 on. So I need to find the missing codes from mine and I can get a replica vinyl sticker made, I been quoted around £5

This is what he gave me 

CCA34746-42D8-4963-AB2A-A66083AAF2CD.jpeg

VW don't supply those stickers on their own, they are printed off when the car is built and stuck on at the factory. The list he gave you is from an ETKA print off, so it lists far more than the sticker. I ended up making my own and using some white sticky labels in my work printer, not perfect but it does the job! I found one online and basically copied and moved all the info around until it matched what my chassis details said.

Send me your chassis number and I'll try and make one up that you can print off.

chassis sticker.jpg

Edited by lupogtiboy

• 2 months later...

I can do this no problem, but I'll need your chassis number to work from, also I'm away from work this week but i can do it when I'm back

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:43 PM, mk2 said:

It'd be so cool to know what each 3 letter code meant... i haven't seen that in Etka.

ETKA does do this but you need to have it connected to their VW info server, which if you've downloaded a copy of ETKA, it won't do as you won't be an official user. Dealers have to pay ETKA a fee to use all of it's features and get updates and chassis information. I am happy to print off and send you a copy of your vehicle information, but I'll need your chassis number and an email address to send it to.