Lupo 3L low power in high gears

iwcham1979

Hi guys, I have some problems with my 1.2Tdi 3L. The car loses all power past the second gear, but there is no limp mode. It loses speed uphill, doesn't get past 120kmh, but there is no limp mode or codes. There is NO smoke whatsoever, even if the car has been remapped from 60 to 80hp so I guess there is not enough fuel or air getting into the engine. Since there is no limp mode, should I rule out the sticky turbo vanes as the culprit? I have plugged out the maf sensor and it hasn't changed a thing.
ASV is not working, is stuck in the open position, and i disconnected the wiring to it in case it may be acting up... EGR was completely non functional, clogged so i just removed the hose and plugged the hole.... Intake is not very clean but not clogged up. I tried disconnecting the air hose to have it suck clean air, didnt get any improvement....
Today I tried swapping several MAF sensors and situation is the same. I ordered another air filter and will try changing it tomorrow, or running without it. I doubt it will cure anything, since it has been replaced recently, but I have to start somewhere. Maf values are from 370mg to 500mg idle with different mafs read from a Delphi diagnostics software. When I rev the car in neutral all the way to red line and keep my foot down it barely gets to 600mg air.... What should the values for this engine be in neutral and full throttle? (Is it more than 800mg or so like on a 1.9Tdi) What should the turbo boost be? Do I measure it by flooring it all the way in neutral? Suggestions appreciated. There are NO codes, apart from the ASV and glow plug code, which is irrelevant. The car doesn't smoke at all, and it doesn't use more fuel. It idles and sounds fine... It goes like sting up to the forth gear then loses power completely and 2500rpm in fifth gear is the limit.... Thanks guys... The ECU map is good. Another 3L hits 81hp in fifth gear with it.... The car hasnt' been in use for almost six months, so I wonder if turbo vanes could be stuck or not operating correctly without it throwing a code or going in limp mode.... I can move the actuator with my hand without problems though...

Edited by iwcham1979

Air filter, fuel filter, vacuum lines, boost leaks, stuck vanes (do these have vnt?) MAF and MAP sensor. EGR stuck open or not blocked off.

Is this no codes using Vagcom / vcds or something else to read with?  Logs are done under load not neutral.

Edited by Sausage

Guys I think i figured it out, not 100% sure though. It suddenly dawned on me. Some facts: The car drove well before the manual conversion. The car lost power immediately after the conversion. Maf is fine, no error codes, no boost leaks. I thought the map was bad. We flashed it a proven working map. The car can't hold boost even with that map from a manual 3L that makes 81hp. Why does it not perform with that map? Because that other Lupo had the actuator rod adjusted, unlike mine.