AIrcon problems

matthewrspca

Hi Guys.

My Lupo Gti has a slight Aircon problem. 

not sure if it needs a re-gas or the pump is gone, but its pumping zero cold air out and it doesn't sound like the compressor is activating when pressing the AirCon button in the car.

anybody got any ideas, as the Aircon pumps are costly and pain to do.

Beian and Larry.jpg

Based on what I went through to fix my air con., I would recommend finding a garage you know and trust that has air con. leak testing equipment and get them to test the system out unless you have already done so.

After having two pipes replaced along with a cooling fan, it turned out to be some pinholes in the air con. evaporator outlets where it joined onto the air con. evaporator valve....

Hopefully your issues will be cheaper and easier to fix than mine was 😎

Martin :)

Edited by Tourist
Memory clouds....

February Heatwave in Liverpool?

Hopefully just a re-gas, think I read non car AC places are a lot cheaper for re-gas, worth a try if you have a place nearby.

AC is best used year round, dries the air and used in winter it speeds up windscreen demists + it keeps the seals moist.

2 hours ago, Tourist said:

Based on what I went through to fix my air con., I would recommend finding a garage you know and trust that has air con. leak testing equipment and get them to test the system out unless you have already done so.

After having two pipes replaced along with a cooling fan, it turned out to be some pinholes in the heater matrix outlets where it joined onto the air con. evaporator valve....

Hopefully your issues will be cheaper and easier to fix than mine was 😎

Martin :)

That sounds like fun.

I wouldn't want to pay a tone the time to take a dash out.

Although I would be paid to do it 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

That sounds like fun.

I wouldn't want to pay a tone the time to take a dash out.

Although I would be paid to do it 

It wasn’t fun, Dave the mechanic did use a few choice words when I picked the car up....😂

Just to clarify what I wrote earlier- It was a combination of rotten pipes and air con. evaporator which meant the system was very slowly loosing gas over time....

Works a treat now when it’s warm enough outside to run it all up. :)

Martin.

I only use aircon if it gets to 30' but if I had a tilt and slide sunroof,the one thing I have never had on any car I have owned I'd be making the most of that.Now a lot of car manufacturers are going back to sunroofs which I think is great.

Also remember that in most VW's the AC won't work if the outside temperature is below 5 degrees if I remember right

• Like 1