G60 Carriers - New

Hi All,

Just thought I'd share this incase anyone is wanting to upgrade to 280mm brakes up front (Should apply to TDIs, 100HP 16v and GTI Models)

As most of you probably know, all that's needed is new carriers, discs and pads to do the upgrade, the stock caliper is fine.

Autodoc are currently stocking G60 carriers by Mapco for £24 a side plus postage, non OEM, but new compatible and seems less than some of the used carriers go for.

Pics attached of part no and the carriers I received.

Screenshot_20190128_174958_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20190128_175126.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nathan94 said:

Sliders were included yeah and I'll get some more any in particular? need to fit them, but they look like the right ones!

Any other angle really just couldn't see even a sniffter of a slider in your pic.😃

You can use standard GTI pads on a gti with the g60 discs, been doing this for years and never had any issues. I do need to find a decent supplier for g60 discs tho as they are obsolete from VW now (535 615 301)

2 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

You can use standard GTI pads on a gti with the g60 discs, been doing this for years and never had any issues. I do need to find a decent supplier for g60 discs tho as they are obsolete from VW now (535 615 301)

Think the only difference may be is the G60 pads are little thicker due to the discs being slightly thinner.  I may be wrong though!

7 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

I get mine from Eurocarparts, I use a G60 reg then get them under the performance section👍🏼

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Silver! said:

I run Brembo 280mm discs.

FaceBook just reminded me I have run the Brembo OEM replacements for 5 years.

19FFEB6B-8303-4C96-A624-69D081711133.jpeg

But it I replaced them in Dec with Brembo Max High Performance Brake Disc (Grooved Solid)

• 1 month later...

So, these don't fit. As in they fit on the car and the discs fit, but the brake pads do not due to the bit the pads sit on being different. Here's a couple of pics

IMG-20190305-WA0000.thumb.jpg.d28a21fe03b1a10e3b877590a70a64f7.jpgIMG-20190305-WA0002.thumb.jpg.38f3fa9076000ca9f769d2f5495120b7.jpg

are these just useless then, or is there a pad that will fit??

10 minutes ago, Nathan94 said:

Did you use the G60 pads? There are some slight differences

Nah I had lupo ones lying around because I was due new pads/discs anyway and they are supposed to fit. You got yours on without any issue?

17 minutes ago, Skajme said:

Nah I had lupo ones lying around because I was due new pads/discs anyway and they are supposed to fit. You got yours on without any issue?

Blue one came with G60 brakes already, so don't need them now.

Might be worth nipping to euro and asking to see the pads?  I'd send you some pics of mine but they're at my unit at the moment and won't be there for a couple of days

I found these hiding on my Gti  with the 280 conversion - cant see the outer edges, but the part number should help, BTW they are very good, even cold

1TEMjP.jpg

Searching Ferodo FCP775h seems to throw up G60 brakes, found some sizes:

FCP775__50460.1485341974.JPG?c=2&imbypass=on&imbypass=on

If yours are the same size go with riches suggestion.