Sign in to follow this  
battlebus

SDi Daily fantasia with added turbo

3 hours ago, Sausage said:

It must use the 085 stud pattern though as people put wrong 085s in their SDIs dont they?

How?

Starter motor is in different place.

Yeah the bellhousing pattern is the same as quite a few dubs, except they've tilted it. The 1.9 gearboxes will bolt straight on, but i have a feeling that the length of the lupo 085 box is about 30mm shorter. Meaning it might foul the crash side member.

leave the 085 as is, just tune for power not torque. And rebuild the box every 30k or so. And use really good hypoid bevel oil. I think the limit is 30mg of diesel per stroke for max torque. Once the torque starts dropping, add more fuel. Hey, just thought.... you might be able to achieve the holy grail of a dead flat torque curve. So you get to say 2k rpm and hold the pedal to the floor and the accelaration rate will be constant. Cool. Car will be sh!t off a shovel.

• Like 1

There was a 1.9 SDI lupo for sale that ended up getting broken for bits, he had 1.9 caddy engine and pretty sure it was the box too and the ratios were short (because wheel size). But quite possible for me to be misremembering that. So the point is I think he got a different box in it.

Thinking I might drag the Lupo up to sandown park tomorrow, gonna go up for a mooch about and pick up a few bits but might be the ideal shakedown for a longer journey. Will see how I feel in the morning and whether I can be arsed to dig it out from the drive full. 😁