Lupo GTI saved from the scrap yard

Samartzis2000

On 5/11/2021 at 12:06 PM, Alexagan said:

You did a great job, but still, in my opinion, if a car goes to the scrapyard, it should remain there. Most of the vehicles found at the scrap yard crashed in an accident. It is pretty expensive and unreasonable to restore them. It is just like a hobby for those who love to spend a lot of money on cars and are really passionate about cars. I saw a similar Lupo not so long ago at https://www.scrapi.com/cash-for-scrap-cars. It was scrapped for less than 5o0 dollars, well, but at least it was worth it.

I can see that from your point of view and understand but my experience is totally different. Over the last forty something years I’ve been dabbling in cars and some of the most fascinating and interesting vehicles I’ve come across to own have all been from breakers yards. I’m a restorer by trade so I buy vehicles which I think are professionally profitable. Just because a car is in a breakers doesn’t mean it’s crashed. There’s a lot of naive car owners out there scrapping good honest cars in better condition for example than some of the public taxis you and I get around in.  In this particular case with the lupo in mind the cost overran  the value but....... these high spec cars are like bespoke suits and tailored to suit the owners.  As the Lupo’s have reached ‘cult’  status now its normal for owners to use them as long term ‘safe’ enjoyable investments even if they cost more than market value.

7 minutes ago, Skajme said:

Fairly certain Alexagan is a bot account

Excuse me for being thick but I need more education on ‘bots’ as what’s the purpose of one? 

They test AI programs out on forums. Easy to spot usually. They join early hours of the morning and only post one post and are gone. Sometimes in pairs (two accounts). When you reply to a post, it tells the software that the grammar, text and context of the post is more human, which reinforces the software. Clever really. If no-one responds, it tells the software that the AI is still not right. It's like those pictogram things where you need to identify fire hydrants or traffic lights- that's to help image recognition programs used by the likes of tesla and selfdriving cars.

I think this account is real though, but not based in the uk, and not an english native speaker.

The fact each of their posts except for one have a dubious link in them, makes me very suspicious about it.

Of course I would be happy to be wrong, but the internet is a strange and misleading place at times!

Thank you both for that and yes I’m a real forum member that makes noise, swears and farts! 🤪