Lupo GTI saved from the scrap yard

Samartzis2000

Nice video and great to see her back to her former glory. Only thing is some questionable driving near the end......

On 1/23/2019 at 7:39 AM, Samartzis2000 said:

I bought and painted a front tow eye cover, and I painted the inside of the boot because the sub had scratched it.

Other then that , I had the car fully compounded which cost £140, that revives the paintwork. That's it, thank you for your comment by the way.

Can we have a video to see how the car looks now after the compound.

Nice mini restoration, I hope your body man chopped out the bad section of sill and not patched over.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:23 PM, Samartzis2000 said:

No questionable driving, just a cheeky Lupo

I have no issue, you are a London driver - those dozy sheep drivers queuing up for the roundabout just needed to be chopped!

But I would suggest a overtaking tip, picked up with country driving road-craft  - pull out further back from the slower cars, you can see oncoming traffic better and if it gets too tight you have room  to dive into the space you left behind the slower car.

Watched this the other day and was a good watch.

You've done basically what I want to do to mine, sadly my virtually stock Moon Silver was written off, but I'm picking up a former show queen this weekend and bar a few subtle mods (coilovers, new stereo, better brakes) hoping to get it as original as possible.  I'm past all the 'scene' days now.

2 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

I was referring to modifications.

What you list there are basics ;)

I was referring to some people would skip a service for a set of wheels or smoothed bumper etc.Not you I know you take care of your car.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...