1.0L SE with GTI engine swap - now on eBay, 99p no reserve!

heartagram

2002 (52) Black Lupo SE with black interior. Over all the condition of the car is good given the age. Isn't immaculate, but is presentable, no big rust spots. Low mileage for the age of the car (82k).

It started life as a 1.0L but has had a 1.6 16V GTI motor and gearbox swapped into it. I still have all the paperwork from the GTI Polo too. Upping the HP from a pathetic 50 to a much better 125. The car has been lowered slightly as well to improve the handling. But not stupidly low so it's completely impractical and won't even get over speed bumps. 

The car needs a wiring loom (included but needs finishing off) and a downpipe to make it a runner. But everything else major has been completed. As with any project car there will probably be some odds and sods that need finishing up. The bumper/headlights/grille are all still there, they are just inside the car. 

Naturally because the car isn't complete it has no MOT and doesn't drive so would need to be trailered away. 

Will make a cool little sleeper when complete. I've had a GTI swapped Lupo and they are a ton of fun. Plus they still retain a solid 40MPG+ which is ideal as fuel isn't getting any cheaper..

The only reason I'm selling is I don't have the time to finish it and I need the space back on my driveway. 

Please text/whatsapp me as I am at work quite a lot so can't really answer calls. But I can reply to texts through out the day.

Pics are here: https://www.gumtree.com/p/volkswagen/vw-lupo-10l-with-16-16v-polo-gti-engine-cknversion-125bhp/1324221718

£500

07387 273 999

Edited by heartagram

5 hours ago, heartagram said:

I even have a pair of Polo GTI seats I can chuck in if someone wants to mess around and make them fit. 

They should be bolt in. Same seat brackets aren't they?

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

You may continue to think whatever you like.

I do not mind, you are old enough and wise enough to make your own decisions on things.

I'm sure I heard an expression just like that between ObiWan and Luke.... LOL! 👏🏻

13 hours ago, Rich said:

You may continue to think whatever you like.

I do not mind, you are old enough and wise enough to make your own decisions on things.

I'll take your word for it and trust you on this one ;) 

5 hours ago, Rich said:

Go dismantle some and look.

It only surprises me because they shared the same platform, but fair do. 

• 1 month later...

Ebay is a lottery as to your results but has the biggest audience still, Gumtree is also full of timewasters and chancers I have found.

You definitely do better to finish it enough to be running (because of the gamble taken buying a non runner and taking the sellers word for it) or else break it, but then you have much more opportunities for timewasters x all the parts.

I just struggle to understand where the enjoyment is for someone to bid on things they don't want to buy?

I might chuck it on gumtree. If it was finished I would want more than I'm asking currently. 

If it someone off the forum I'll take a low ball offer. I'm not asking much more than the engines sell for alone!

It's probably £300 as is, £450 running for loading, £600 - £800 with MOT depending on condition etc. If you want it gone quick then probably lower.

A tidy Polo 6n2 GTI minus a gearbox (so non running) near me sold for £155 last week on ebay.

On 3/23/2019 at 8:55 AM, Rich said:

Why don't we just build it up next week and make it look as much of a car as we can be arsed to do in a few hours?

Love to join in on this. I reckon @Rich myself and few of us could get the thing running by end of a weekend. I can electrics. Rich, exhaust and engine bay bits, someone else interior and someone else front and bodywork. A club lupo special! :)

where is the car?

On 3/21/2019 at 10:10 AM, Sausage said:

or else break it, but then you have much more opportunities for timewasters x all the parts.

The joy of amplified Gumtree time-wasting, I have even gone as far as taking an item down to stop one nutter hassling me.

On 3/23/2019 at 8:47 AM, heartagram said:

I just struggle to understand where the enjoyment is for someone to bid on things they don't want to buy?

I have been lucky selling on ebay never had a non-payer - I have come across people with good intentions who bid items up to help it on its way. good luck with whatever way you decide to go with this.