central locking

wrxfifer

Hi with knowing Zero about these cars need to find out everything from scratch hence on here.

anyway when put key in drivrrs door it only unlocks that door and not the other side? what we have been doing is pressing the door lock knob down when passenger door open then closing and that locks door, but when you get in have to lean ovet abf manually open passenget door using the lock handle!!! surely there must be a way of sorying this so central locking works? surely a 2003 car has it?

You have an "E" specification car. You need an "S" spec car for the extras... There's info on here somewhere listing all the differences between models. My fav are the tilt and slide seats you get on the S models.

JOEY VW get a grip man, its not my car its my daughters very first car and just trying to find stuff out for her is all, i never bought the car or have seen a handbook or a v5 etc all i know is its a 1.0L hence on here asking questions!!

But yes theres always one who gives no info and just talks down to folk and takes the piss etc, making themselves look like a proper dick, dont worry i understand what happened to you as a child and your need to act like that, its fine i deal with people like you regularly. 

in the future if your not going to be any help please just dont post on any of my threads that would be best.

2 hours ago, wrxfifer said:

JOEY VW

in the future if your not going to be any help please just dont post on any of my threads that would be best.

As long as you promise there'll be more threads like this 😉

Seriously though, no offense was intended. I'm glad you got the help you needed, hopefully theres no hard feelings.

12 hours ago, Rich said:

Retrofit is the way 

If only there was a how to somewhere?

Mine is for adding remote to normal. ;) There is another around somewhere though.

It looks easy though. You're simply mounting two high torque solenoids to the door frame and then attaching them to the pin that pulls up and down. I can't see how you could get a whole lot wrong. That said, the hardest part will be ensuring the pin pulls up and down 100% of the time and there isn't any catching or unnecessary friction. I've seen it done incorrectly on a Lupo before to be fair, so it's not 100% idiot proof.