My new car

Y2ACP

Lol at the colour showdown. I love my black GTI but reckon they photograph the worst! Lots of the angles and curves are lost in the darkness, although in person I do prefer them to silver. Each to their own though, I've not seen a GTI look bad in any colour as of yet...

I have a black and a silver Lupo. I don't like the colour of either. It's why I was thinking of doing a holo metal flake on the black one to make it more interesting. Doing a holo metal flake on a black 9N Polo instead presently... šŸ™„

8 minutes ago, mk2 said:

Is that a new rear subframe? And springs? Cool.

No it's all original that's had 14 years easy life in Japan (no salt on roads) , I have painted with acf50

• 1 month later...

I'm sure i've seen on here somewhere that Bosch spark plugs don't play nice with the GTI and to use NGK ones. I'm not sure if that's still the case though I can't see why it would have changed!

Edited by Skajme

Wow that is a clean beam - thought you were going to say it had been powder coated.

On 7/7/2020 at 6:37 PM, Rich said:

You justify my comment with your c**y comment.

Rich - didĀ you picked that language up - in between comparing hair straighteners -on theĀ TT forums?

Edited by LR5V
  • Like 1

LMAO! šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

He got banned from club Polo a while back... But that said, this forum wouldn't be the same without @Rich. @dannoĀ and @mscherryvioletĀ used to liven things up, but they've moved onto bigger wheels.

I've given up with the other forums too. They've either gone super nerdy or really thick. The US vdub forums are still a good read though.

On 9/10/2020 at 5:17 PM, Skajme said:

I'm sure i've seen on here somewhere that Bosch spark plugs don't play nice with the GTI and to use NGK ones. I'm not sure if that's still the case though I can't see why it would have changed!

Cheers,if I weren't abroad on holiday when you got the blue lupo I'd have been after it!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a 2 minute walk from my house I saw Wills444 Lupo,I waited for him too come back and we had a nice chat Ā ,itā€™s his 3rd Ā gti with sunroof air con and heated seats (very envious) A long trip to Cornwall to pick it up but I donā€™t blame him.

Ā 

96450E0D-BB02-4C01-B475-315E277DC6FD.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Y2ACP said:

Just a 2 minute walk from my house I saw Wills444 Lupo,I waited for him too come back and we had a nice chat Ā ,itā€™s his 3rd Ā gti with sunroof air con and heated seats (very envious) A long trip to Cornwall to pick it up but I donā€™t blame him.

Ā 

96450E0D-BB02-4C01-B475-315E277DC6FD.jpeg

Just looked this one up. Might even have a pic of its orignal plate. Its a 05 plate sunroof car which is very rare (i should know i have one). Been keeping track of these to help with with my car. There is one up for sale with sunroof, ac and side air bags. Also on a 05 but more mileage.

Very nice!

We should all have a club meet this year if the opportunity arises... Everyone is meeting up one to one, but it'd be awesome comparing dents and scratches!

18 hours ago, lupo1.0se said:

Just looked this one up. Might even have a pic of its orignal plate. Its a 05 plate sunroof car which is very rare (i should know i have one). Been keeping track of these to help with with my car. There is one up for sale with sunroof, ac and side air bags. Also on a 05 but more mileage.

Lucky you šŸ˜”.A picture a work mate sent me about a month ago five miles from home.

7865BE39-9E9C-431F-9DE2-CE0BA7E68705.jpeg

14 hours ago, mk2 said:

Very nice!

We should all have a club meet this year if the opportunity arises... Everyone is meeting up one to one, but it'd be awesome comparing dents and scratches!

Sounds like a plan.One small dent and a few very minor battle scars on mine.

1CD129AF-D86C-4BA9-8BA2-FD914CB5C2D5.jpeg