Lupo gti running rough when hot

lupo_s_i

Hi guys, wondering if anyone can shed any light on a problem with my gti. 

I had it sat on the drive for a year as it needed a rebuild. Started occasionally with no issues. I took it for a engine rebuild a few months ago. Ran fine on the way there although I was nursing it due to the engine problem (blowing oil out exhaust). It had a full rebuild, all put back together and now as per title it runs beautifully until full engine temperature is reached then it won't rev past about 3k. Its almost like its got a rev limiter. It's still with the engine rebuild shop but it's been months now and we're all pretty confused. No codes thrown up. So far it's had new :- coil pack, leads, plugs, new head, temp sensor, timing pulley, both o2 sensors, had the egr/throttle body/anything needed recalibrated.

The engine has been rebuilt twice now as the shop wanted to make sure they hadn't missed anything (they fitted new head 2nd time round due to being not being 100% happy with a valve seat). 

I'm not sure if the car gained this problem when it sat for a year I know before I parked it up other than the oil out the back it was running like a dream never had any power or running issues (although obviously it wasn't being pushed hard). 

Any of you gurus got any other ideas what else to check? 

Cheers. Simon 

Cheers mate, I'm pretty sure they cleaned the cat but ill mention it. I know all the flows/emissions etc have been checked and are good. Feel for them I wanted to do the rebuild myself but little un taking up all my time. If I was doing it I'd have been knackered I've got nowhere near enough experience for this amount of diagnosis