Window Regulator and Locking system drivers side

Leggat0530

Using the screw inside the door remove the lock barrell on the drivers side and see what state it is all in.

Operate the lock with a flat blade screwdriver and report back.

Aye aye captain.

What @Rich means is there's a screw you can get to from the edge of the door (with it open). I can't remember if it's behind a round plastic cap on the Lupo, but you need a small torx bit to loosen it. With a small blunt blade or little flat screwdriver, gently unclip the plastic barrel cover from the outside (next to the handle). Put the key in the lock, loosen the screw just one turn then try to wiggle the key, at the same time trying to pull the barrel out. No luck, undo another turn and try again. Some cars it's 7 turns, some 15... whatever you do, don't take the screw out as the retaining ring drops out causing no end of hassle.

Edited by mk2

• 3 months later...

Hi i was given my lupo by my dad. I have the same problems driver door does not lock from the outside, the driver side window motor actually set the car on fire when my cousin had the car (not pretty) the passenger side window did not work when i got it. A few months later my friend pressed the button and the window went down then up mabey for an hour and now just clicks again. My rear window jet has always just sprayed in to the boot. The car used to cut out when pulling up or clutching so i cleaned the throttle body and that done the trick also new triple spark plugs helped. 4 months on and the car seams a little down on power i look after the engine with regular basic services as it has done 113000 miles this is a 1.4 75bhp. I would appreciate any ideas on why it could be down on power thank you