Lupo GTi in U-Pull-It in York

yeha

A pair of complete ali doors for under £100... not bad at all.

that car'll be stripped to the bone within a week now it's been on here. I'd love the rear beam, but can't justify a 10h round trip by car for that.

hey @Rich , can you have a look at the steering wheel if you're going there? I need a decent one as you already know.

Edited by mk2

42 minutes ago, yeha said:

The steering wheel is OK apart from the fabric hanging out of the airbag.

If the airbag module from a plastic steering wheel fits a leather one, then that's an option for me... I could swap over the airbag module. if you're nearby, any chance you can ask them how much they'd like for it? PM me if doable... :)

I'd walk up to the counter with the bag hanging out for extra poverty effect... "now who'd want that piece of junk...?" :)

1 hour ago, Tripod said:

Anyone know if it has an oem exhaust that doesn't have holes in it?

If you plan on hanging onto your gti, it's worth getting an original Ernst exhaust (they made the OEM units for vdub). I get mine from germany, delivered for 15 euros from these guys - https://www.qp24.de/

Thanks for the lead, I've no intention of getting rid of my lupo. Unfortunately there's no gti exhaust on their website. According to VW my only options at the moment are used or aftermarket. They used the dreaded 'o' word. 

My rear silencer has a bracket snapped off and holes developing on the body around the area where it curves out toward / under the pressure valve. Not sure how repairable that is really. 

15 hours ago, Andrew1971 said:

I was in there in the morning me thinks the brake calipers may be gone too.

They're in my van, although I also managed of get a pair of carriers from a mk2 Caddy which is all I really needed, so they may be up for sale soon.

The end of the exhaust looked OK, but I never got any closer. Overall it looked tidy pre-accident.

@rich - is the TT steering wheel difficult to fit, as I have one and an airbag that I intended fitting but never got round to it?

Exhaust looks okay, car has been well stripped, nothing special left inside and the steering wheel is pretty rough.

For the record, they dont allow you to chop out parts of the shell.

Stupid gay policy and a wasted trip to York.

IMG_18122018_133430_(640_x_640_pixel).jpg

IMG_18122018_133440_(640_x_640_pixel).jpg

IMG_18122018_133411_(640_x_640_pixel).jpg

IMG_18122018_133418_(640_x_640_pixel).jpg

Edited by Rich

I'll have the driver's door if someone could collect it for me... for a payment of course :) it's even the same colour as mine. How good is that?!

shame about the steering wheel. Thanks for the info @Rich 👍🏻

If only it were 200 miles nearer to me.

On 12/18/2018 at 1:36 PM, Rich said:

For the record, they dont allow you to chop out parts of the shell.

Is that just in the public yard? They have another level where the car gets put in a bay and you pick what you want off it. 

They are a bit OTT with safety compared to other yards - those grubby orange hi-viz vests - wish they put as much care into clearing the yards of humans as they do H&S 

- They managed to lock me in my local one, it was a very tense 3/4 of an hour wait to be released.... but they don't have dogs so it could have been a lot worse.