• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Hi All

An update. Got A few parts for the Lupo so it can run and a bonnet this is the bit i am unsure on. You can see the gap difference on both side's i have tried adjusting

on the hinge's still the same. And to top it off i now i am not getting garage so it out all the time. We now have come to the point on is it still worth doing.

Finding the part's it's going slow. The biggest job on it is the dash board the passenger air bag went off. How big a job would it be to put an other dash board in.

So i am a little bit unsure to carry or get rid. Anyone got any idea's

Andrew

20190102_145225.jpg

20190102_145215.jpg

It's looking good... :)

keep going. Adjust it at the hinge and the corner stops. Loosen everything then keep tweaking till it sits right. You may need to adjust the centre catch on the slam panel too (you can't do it till the catch is in).

Yeah any Lupo dash will do. Shame it wasn't the driver's side airbag. Much easier, as it's in the steering.

just bumper, lights, alternator, grill and grille surround and you're back in business!

Thank You All For The Reply's.  Just the little encouragement needed.This is where i am at now . Still got a bumper to fit.

The bonnet gap is still the same so i think it's the wing is at fault slightly warped right now i can live with that.

Now waiting till payday to get more part's.

Many Thank's

Andrew

20190113_131155.jpg

Looking good! You've done a fair bit already. Not much left to do now by the looks of things. Maybe a day or a weekend of time needed. Get any used bumper/front setup and have a local place spray it. Do the prep work yourself to save a handful of cash.

keep us updated with progress :)

No air bag  hasn't popped. Thankfully 

Found it steering wheel removal.

Well I can't get air bag form the steering wheel that silly spring. Here's hoping I can get 

the dash off with it on.  4 x10mm  nuts to come of then fingers crossed.

How do remove the big plastic bit from under the wipers.

Andrew

Edited by Andrew1971

The airbag removal bit or the steering wheel itself?

Remove column plastics. Short flat head screwdriver, you probably have to turn the wheel to get it in the holes and with the flat bit angled in line with the round spring thing, you are hooking the spring inwards not outwards. Plenty of vids out there. Disconnect battery for a bit before as well, just in case....

Steering wheel should come off easy enough.

Edited by Sausage

The worst part of removing the steering wheel is the airbag. It takes a certain technique and it's very random. You can also accidentally catch the cabling and damage it, if you're not careful.

I've just fitted cruise control on the A4, and honestly, removing the steering wheel on that is a dream.

2 hours ago, Andrew1971 said:

Thank you all for replying.

Got steering wheel off I was going gently more force was needed. 

Passenger air bag is off as is the dashboard. It will be  easier next time 

Now I know how to do it.

Andrew 

Pics with dash out?