Lupo GTI 1.8T - Forged engine, 290bhp

Cooper_GTI

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Yes, he sold it, the person who bought it is now selling it in an attempt to get more money for it.

I've pmd the op. Let's see what he comes back with.. the new fella might swap it for a standard luoo Gti.  Be easier for him to sell and make some profit I'd imagine.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 11:04 AM, Pete said:

It’s still for sale.

I would be suspicious of the guy currently selling it. He's added a few things to Cooper's ad that weren't there to begin with and are red flags. Cooper sold the vehicle like 2 months ago, yet in the eBay ad, he claims it's only done 116k on the chassis, but the last MOT says nearer 118k and that's also assuming that the current owner has done literally 0 miles in it. Did he trailer it home Cooper? You can easily fudge the mileage on a Lupo. Just disconnect the clocks and drive like a prick for 2 months and sell it on at the same price. Job done.

If none of that bothers you, go right ahead, but who knows how it's been treated in the last few weeks..... and the fact he's willing to lie in the ad for a car he wants 6.5k for..................?

Personally, I'd keep away now that it's left Coopers hands.

39 minutes ago, Sausage said:

That 0 feedback shill bidder when it was on auction a couple of times too had dodgy written all over it. Plus he's obviously trade and selling as private. 🙄

Didn't see the 0 feedback shill bidder, but it's a usual practice by someone trying to inflate the cost in a bidding war. 

No idea whether he's trade or not. He might just be someone who thinks he spotted an opportunity to make some coin. At the end of the day though, he's saying the chassis has done 116k miles.... Cooper sold it with 118k miles on the chassis (MOT History confirms that), so like I said, it's either been towed home and not driven once, or he's out and out lying.... or worse and  that's where you start to worry. 

I really can't stand people who saying "only 115k miles" and then you rock up and it's 121k. Why not just be honest? An extra 6k miles won't bother me at all, but someone who's openly dishonest will. If he's lied about the mileage which is easily checked by even the most uneducated car enthusiast, he'd have no problem lying about something you can't see. In reality, there's probably nothing wrong with the car, but how do you know? Cooper's detail were honest and verifiable, this guy is now claiming things that are demonstrably untrue.

I once drove about 4 hours once to view a Lupo 3L and the mileage was about 60k more than he had put on the advert, or something ludicrous and the bodywork was a mess.... none of which were included in the advert. Spanner.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sausage said:

Back on ebay again today for 6k, pretty sure it "sold" with no reserve before xmas for about 4.5k. 🙄

Same seller? He's an absolute clown

• 2 months later...

Looks like this is back up on eBay again.

Seller has a different name but seems to be using the same pictures, so I assume it's whoever bought it last.

Always tempting though...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192866844207

Edit: new seller seems to be trade, judging by their other items being cars too.

Edited by DanDannyDanDan
Adding ad seems to be a trade seller.